1

You wake up to find yourself in a nest by a waterfall. You seem to remember nothing at all. The only things you do remember is your name, which is Sam, and a strange voice telling you to avoid any and all things that could damage your circuits. You look around to get a look at your surroundings. You see a town in the distance, and decide to head towards it.

As you get closer, you start to hear voices. You find cats sitting down, talking while having a good meal. Walking past them, you look for a place for mechanics. No luck. While searching, cats kept on giving you glances. You stop in front of a glass wall and look at your reflection. All the other cats around were covered in flesh and fur, but you were made of wires and metal.

You look down in hopelessness, realizing you might not find a mechanics place. Cats continued to give you glances as you walk away. A cat then stood in front of you, blocking your path.

'Can you please move?' You say kindly to the cat.

'Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were walking this way,' he rudely said, laughing at the end.

You feel a rush of anger flow though you because you knew he clearly saw you walking in that direction. You turn around and just leave, without arguing.

You didn't want to leave the town because as far as you knew, this was the only town for hundreds, maybe even thousands of miles. This may be the only town ever in this world. But everywhere you went, cats gave you looks, laughed at you, and talked about you behind your back.

The sun was starting to set, so you begin to go around, asking cats if they would allow you to live at their place for a little while. No one would allow you to stay with them until you figured things out. After being rejected by every cat, you climb up a wall to a roof of a building and curl up.

Rain started pouring down. Strangely, the rain was hitting everywhere except on you. You look up to find a cat flying right above you. It was like nothing you've ever seen before, like something straight out of your imagination. It looked like a half dragon, half cat type creature. The cat landed next to you, using it's wing to shield you from the rain.

'Why are you doing this?' You asked, looking away.

'I've seen what those cats do to you, and I know what they're planning to do,' the cat said in a sweet manner.

You look at the cat in confusion.

'They did the same thing to me when I first came here. The more I stayed here, the more they bullied. It's almost like they didn't want me here, so I went to the back of town and built a home there. I went every night in search of food and water since,' he continued.

'But that still doesn't answer why you're shielding me from the rain,' you say politely.

'There's always a cat willing to help you, even if you haven't met them before. Why don't you come to my place? You can get some sleep there.'

'Thank you so much, but how can I repay you?'

'You don't need to repay me.'

'Are you sure? You don't have to do this.'

'But I want to do this. Just because you're an AI, doesn't mean you have to suffer.'

You purred of thankfulness as you walk next to him. He still shields you from the rain. You eventually get to his house, which is very nice. He gives up his nest for the night because he was going back out to get some food and water. Thanking him for his kindness again, you curl up in his nest and quickly fall asleep.