Chapter 2

Xiao Shaozu hurriedly hid int the "bathroom" that the man pointed to, the back of his hand closed the door and he turned around to find himself surrounded by porcelain white tiles and magnificent decoration. He felt like he had entered some kind of fairyland. He immediately realized that he was no longer in the Underground Palace.

For Xiao Shaozu who had been imprisoned for 16 years, it didn't matter where it was, as long as he could get away from the dark, anywhere seemed like heaven.

With bare feet, he slowly walked to the washstand. Touching the delicate and smooth porcelain pot under his hand, he smiled slightly, his pair of round cat eyes bending into crescent shape.

Facing him, a mirror inlaid on top of the washstand stood and was waiting for him to look up. In the mirror, he saw the figure of Gong Lizhen reflected inside. Immediately, he was alert. He hurriedly took a few steps back and took a defensive posture and concentrated on his internal force, ready to fight back at any time. The person in front of him was weird, with long hair and silently appearing in the window of this room. It must be with the use of martial arts.

However, he could not pull on his internal force. This situation, Xiao Shaozu was amazed. The internal force in his dantian was almost completely exhausted and only a small trace of it could be mobilized. It would be difficult to defend himself.

His heart was panicking but Xiao Shaozu didn't expose it on his face. He only stared at the person in front of him, trying to find out the others flaws and getting ready to fight. He finally got out of the Underground Palace, he could finally feel warm brush of spring wind, smell the fragrance of flowers and feel the glorious nature. He must live! He will live! And live well!

The teenager who had suddenly appeared opposite of him also took a few steps back, posing in the same exact way as him and stared at him without taking any action. The two men were in a deadlock for a while. The young man saw that there was no murder in the other's eyes and they didn't take the initiative to attack either. He slightly lowered his defense and vowed, "There is no malice underneath; nor are you willing to tell me your intention, nor are you willing to take action. Therefore, you don't have to get entangled with me."

As soon as he spoke and waved his hand, the young boy opposite of him also spoke at the same time and their movements were no different from his. The young master looked into the other's eyes and frowned slightly. The teenager before him also showed the same expression.

Xiao Shaozu was smart and seeing the reaction of the person before him, immediately, a speculation emerged in his heart.

He pressed his heart in surprise and step by step approached the other teenager. The opposite boy gradually approached him as well. The young man reached out and the other person also reached out. The palms of the two young men touched but there was no warmth conveyed nor could he feel the softness of a human body, but rather, it was smooth and cold.

It turned out that it was not a window opening but a mirror with an extremely clear reflection! In other words, this strange boy who suddenly appeared out of no where was not someone else, bit it was this young master.

Ads by Pubfuture

Realizing this, it seemed to trigger a certain kind of switch. The memory that was lurking in Gong Lizhen's head suddenly poured out like a mountain torrent. He gripped his head, gasped in pain before taking staggering footsteps and falling onto his hand. He grabbed the switch of the shower head on his way down and the cold tap of water poured over him, instantly soaking his clothes.

Xiao Shaozu fell into the bathtub, squatting down and burying his head between his knees, waiting for the violent pain to fade. While enduring his headache, he digested the huge flow of memory of Gong Lizhen and finally realized that he was no longer in his original body inside the underground palace but was in the body of another. The situation is what one would describe as "soul take-over".