THREE

"are you sure your mom is okay with me being here?" lani asked semaj for the fifth time today.

samaj chuckled. "yes, she ain't even gon be here so just chill aight?" lani sighed before nodding.

lani sighed scooting back to where her head touched the headboard.

"ok so, what do you want to start on first?" she asked taking her rose gold macbook out of her gallery dept hand bag.

"shii it don't matter to me." semaj scratched his chin.

lani grabbed her reading notebook before opening it to her most recent assignment.

"alright she wants us to write a summary on romeo and juliet. well really write about what do you think caused the two families to feud with each other and- what?" lani chuckled seeing semaj staring dead at her.

"you so pretty." lani put her head down smiling.

"thank you, you're very handsome yourself." she chuckled. semaj smirked grabbing her face.

"what are you doing?" she smiled.

semaj leaned in, kissing lani on the lips. he grabbed her throat deepening the kiss.

catching lani by surprise she slowly kissed him back, shutting her eyes in the process. semaj placed his other hand on lani's thigh moving it closer to private area.

lani broke away from the kiss wiping her mouth. "umm, i have to go. we- we'll catch up tomorrow? yeah? yeah. bye!" lani left as soon as she packed up all of her stuff.

she sighed once she had gotten to the park. lani powered her phone back on and smacked her teeth at the sight of the notification on her phone.

——————————————
3 missed calls from "leon😒"
3 voicemails from "leon😒"
leon😒
260 iMessages
—————————————

deciding to not text him back, she texted liah asking her to come and pick her up.

a few minutes later liah pulled up and lani got inside of the car.

"hey girl, y'all got done fast." liah said pulling off once lani put her seatbelt on.

"yeah well, it didn't really go as planned." she said putting her glasses on.

"what you mean, what happened?" liah looked between the road and her best friend.

"well he kissed me and i left."

"kisseddddd?? lani bell had her first kiss- wait you left? why you left?" she asked pulling into the hotel parking lot.

"because he started to feel on me and i didn't want him to think you know." liah nodded.

"well don't let slim ass find out, he gon kill you and semaj." she chuckled.

"see you later." lani stepped out of the car with her things. "see ya." liah pulled off once she made it inside.

she got on the elevator before going into her room. "so yeen see me callin yo phone and shit?" leon asked while sitting on the couch.

lani rolled her eyes sitting her bag down on the coffee table. "i was studying and my phone was powered off." she said grabbing a cranberry juice out of the fridge.

"stop doin that dumb ass shit." he mugged her.

lani just walked into the room and grabbed her things she needed for the shower and walked into the bathroom.

she honestly didn't feel like arguing with leon tonight specially after what just happened. lani turned on the shower before undressing.

waiting for the shower water to warm up she connected her phone to the alexa that was sitting on the counter.

tonight by summer walker played softly once lani stepped inside of the shower.

Gotta get it right
I gotta get it right, yeah
You say, you say
You say, you say
You say, you say
You're in search in this body of mine?
Do you wanna be a good friend of me?

after 20 minutes in the shower lani finally got out getting dressed in a large white shirt and some grey regular shorts and white nike socks.

she walked into the room seeing all of their stuff packed up. "what's going on?" she frowned. leon turned towards her before speaking.

"we goin to da A for a while." he spoke zipping the black bag up that was filled with cash. she frowned once again. "why?" lani asked.

"cause we gotta job to do now let's bounce." he left without letting her speak. lani smacked her teeth grabbing her things and slipping into her purple crocs.

lani walked out of the room following behind leon onto the elevator. the only reason why lani wasn't fussing about leaving right now is because she didn't have to go to school until next tuesday.

the elevator came to a stop and the two walked into the lobby and out; getting into the car once they put the bags inside the trunk.

leon began driving as catch the sun by lil baby played. lani rubbed her eyes before turning towards the window and looking out the window as the sun went down.

she looked over at leon who was texting someone already knowing who it was making her roll her eyes.

sighing, she closed her eyes before the ringing of her phone made her open them. "hello?" she mumbled.

"you have a collect call from inmate 'dre' pressed one to accept." lani took the phone from her ear before pressing one the placing it back.

"lala?" andre's voice rung through her ears. "hey dre, i see they gave you back your phone privileges." she smirked causing dre to chuckle.

"you know they can't keep shit away from time me fa too long la, how school?" he asked. "it's going okay i'm just ready for it to end already." she sighed.

"i'm telling ya, you gone miss that shit i know i did." he shook his head. "i don't think i will. i barely even had a real high school experience." she rolled her eyes. "where key big head ass at?" andre asked. "his ugly stupid face right here." she said rolling her eyes. keon smacked his teeth snatching the phone. "you know you love this face." he stated. "wassup brudda." keon spoke to dre.

they spoke for a little while before he passed the phone back to lani. "you know they suppose to be letting me out next month?" dre spoke. lani gasped excitedly. "really?" dre chuckled. "yeah cookie, i been doing good lately so they letting a nigga out." leon nodded his head. "dats wassup gang." they talked a little bit more before it was time for him to hang up.

the two had been driving for hours before they finally arrived in atlanta. "get up lani." leon shook her awake. lani rubbed her eyes seeing that they were in front of a big brown house. "where the heck we at? hollywood?" lani asked taking the beautiful house in.

leon chuckled. "nawl we in the A. i told you that already." he shook his head. lani rolled her eyes following behind him. they walked onto the porch with their bags and leon knocked on the door.