𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟿 - 𝚂𝚘𝚏𝚝

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

There she was, her head raised high, spear dotting against the ground every time she took two steps, a gentle smile over her features as she walked through the Oyakata estate, moving to finally see Kagaya again after a few weeks, her chest pushed forward with pride before she came to a silent stop in front of the door.

“Kagaya, you crazy bastard-”

She gave out a small chuckle, standing next to the door and her hand reaching to grip the handle before a sudden wave of nausea crashed down on her like a wave. She could do nothing but stumble back a little, leaning on her spear for a bit of balance.

She released a huff, blinking with confusion and her lips falling into a confused frown. Why did she suddenly get this feeling? She was sure she wasn’t sick, and she certainly would know sooner, especially since she left the small get together a few moments ago, and before that, she was at the butterfly estate. She was sure she didn't catch anything that could make her feel this way…so why?

Looking back up at the door, her confused eyes narrowed and her brows furrowed. In any other case, a feeling like this would only wash over her when her senses were overwhelmed. That and-

She suddenly let her eyes widen, breath hitching at a realisation. She forced herself to stand at her feet, stumbling slightly, but she brushed it off, panic suddenly making its way into her features.

She would feel like this when she sensed something bad..

Her hand fumbled at the door, her teeth grit and her eyes full of determination, but if you looked deeper, you could recognise the all too familiar feeling of dread. Dread of what would happen if she opened the door- dread of what could happen….dread for seeing one of her closest friends in danger..

She gritted her teeth, finally forcing the door open before she stumbled through, into the silent room.

Her eyes scanned the room first, snapping all over to leave nothing untouched by her gaze, before her nose twitched, a scent making its way to her senses.

Blood.

She gasped, her eyes finally landing in the centre of the room and forcing herself to look down at Kagaya, who was resting on the ground. She slowly stepped towards him, brows furrowed, the tainted smell still detaining her senses before she saw what it was coming from.

(Y/N) suddenly raced towards him, eyes wide and hand outstretched to reach out to him. “KAGAYA!” She cried, falling beside his unmoving body, her hands fumbling as she watched a drop of blood slither from his lips, adding to the small pool staining the covers of his makeshift bed.

The halfling stuttered, eyes wide and mouth wide open as her hands slowly leant down to hold a finger just under his nose, her other hand wiping away the stray drop of blood. He was still breathing…but it was faint. So faint she hardly was able to catch on until a few moments had passed.