𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟾 - 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚌𝚝

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈—•༶

"TANJIRO!"

Her voice echoed all throughout the empty streets of the town, over the ignited sounds of blades colliding, over the sounds of blood spilling onto the streets and cascading through the gaps in the rubble as if it were a stream flowing across a mountainscape.

She grunted, teeth gritting before she gave out a final cry and pried herself away from the demon's hold, and uncaring towards anything else, she ran towards the struggling boy, who now lay motionless. Had she allowed yet another promise of hers to Oyakata go down the drain to the point of no return, to the silent slip away from your hand grasping for a second chance...has she really let him down...

She figured she had a tendency of doing that...

"Tanjiro-"

Just as her hand outstretched to the young motionless boy, the side of her gaze caught a glance to an extended flesh, headed straight for Mitsuri...

Her lips parted, eyes widening as she watched it slowly move closer and closer, weaving around the escape until it came behind her, readying to strike. Her hand slowly reached out, time seeming to freeze around her as Mitsuri caught sight of the attack, unable to react and only letting out a small cry of fear.

The halfling's voice cracked. "KANROJI!"

She swore she saw Kibursuji's sickening grin.

"NO-!" She skidded to a stop in front of Tanjiro, about to dash to the girl, but knowing it was too late.

She was about to die..

Without warning, the attack blew itself into smithereens. Not long after, a voice calling out that made the whole group want to cry with joy.

"Sorry for being late."

There he was, standing in front of Mitsuri, swinging his weapon from side to side protectively. Ofcourse, he had a few cuts here and there, not to mention, the look of exhaustion cast over his features, but he was here...

Gyomei was here.

The halfling let out a breath of relief, eyes softening before she heard the muffled tone of a stab echoing through the battlefield. She snapped her head towards it.

And she couldn't help but scoff as she crouched beside Tanjiro.

The blade in Muzans head was suddenly slashed down, slicing the demon in half. Crouched, holding the blade, Sanemi released a breath, but his eyes were clouded with something far more than relief.

Revenge.

He had never wanted anyone dead so badly in his life. To slice his sword at him and dis into his flesh was not enough for the white haired male. No. He wanted Muzan dead. He finally understood the halflings' constant desire to want him dead and away from this world.