𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

ARIADNE NEVER WAS THE BIGGEST FAN OF LARGE SPACES OF WATER, BECAUSE SHE WAS AFRAID of not knowing what was under her in those dark waters, so she could count with the fingers of one hand how many times she had been in a boat during all her life. But now that she was in a boat along with her future classmates, she couldn't deny the trip around the lake toward Hogwarts Castle was something magical.

She was sitting in one of the first boats leading the way to the castle. Next to her, was a girl with long blonde hair and green eyes, who wore the same astonished expression on her face. Ariadne didn't know her name, but the way her eyes were glowing and how her smile gave her warmth, was making the the Granger girl want to know her more.

Steeling herself, Ariadne turned her head to talk to her. "It's beautiful, don't you think?"

The girl with blonde hair turned to see her with a big smile. "It is! It's better than what I imagined when my brother described it to me."

"It's the same for me!" answered Ariadne, feeling relieved that the unknown girl answered her in a friendly way. "My sister told me a lot of times what the Hogwarts castle looks like, but the image I had in my head it's nothing compared to what it really looks like in real life."

The girl nodded, agreeing with what the brown-haired girl just said, there wasn't anything similar to seeing Hogwarts for the first time with your own eyes. "I'm Danielle Diggory, what's your name?"

"Ariadne Granger, I hope we get to know each other better!"

"I hope the same! I really don't know any wizards my age, so it's a relief you talked to me first."

Ariadne looked at her curiously and asked. "You are muggleborn? I'm one, so the only wizards I know are my sister and her friends."

Danielle laughed as she shook her head. "I'm not! My parents are wizards and the reason why I won't know a lot of wizards my age is that where I live there are only adults or teenage wizards"

Ariadne understood how Danielle was feeling, because where she lived everyone were far too old for her to start a conversation with them. "Well then, at least you have a friend now!" she exclaimed with excitement but quickly added with nervousness. "If you want, of course."

To the Granger girl's relief, the blonde-haired girl who was sitting down next to her nodded with the same excitement. The happiness coming from her little body was too great that Ariadne thought that if they weren't on a boat in the middle of a lake, Danille would have jumped. "Yeah! I hope we end up in the same House. My brother's a Hufflepuff, but that didn't mean I will be in that House too, in which want do you want to be? I think Ravenclaw and Gryffindor are good options."

"My sister's a Gryffindor, so I would like to be one too, but if I'm a Hufflepuffuf or Ravenclaw would be fine too," replied Ariadne, trying not to sound like she was very attached to her sister."

"As long as we are together, it's okay, I don't want to start the year without a familiar face," Danielle shrugged, adjusting her tunic when she realized they stopped at the pier. "But if we end up in different Houses, we can still sit next to each other in all the classes we have together!"

Ariadne nodded, feeling the nervousness again taking over her whole body and being incapable to form a coherent answer, so she decided not to say anything and just gave a smile to Danielle, who also seemed to be in a similar state. The two girls stood up and got off the boat, following the indications from the giant-looking man who was holding a lamp.

The youngest of the Granger sisters knew perfectly well who that man was because she spend the last two summers hearing her sister talk about the friendship she and the boys shared with Hagrid, who according to Hermione, was a very kind and friendly man even though he had an intimidating appearance. However, Ariadne decided not to be near him too much, since like every people her sister knew in the Wizarding World, nobody knew of her existence until yesterday.