Chapter New: Cloudstream Bear

Cheer Bear and Grumpy Bear walked hand-in-hand through the forest, searching for a new member to add to their family. Grumpy had seen a little bear with pink and blue fur earlier in the day and he couldn't stop thinking about her.

Grumpy Bear: "Cheer, do you remember that bear cub I saw earlier? The one with pink and blue fur?"

Cheer Bear: "Yes, I remember. Why do you ask?"

Grumpy Bear: "I can't stop thinking about her. I think we should consider adopting her."

Cheer Bear: "I'm open to the idea. Let's go see if we can find her."

As they rounded the next bend, they saw the little bear cub sitting shyly on a log. They approached her slowly and kindly.

Cheer Bear: "Hi, little one. Would you like to talk to us?"

Cloudstream Bear: "Hi. I saw you looking at me earlier and I was wondering if you wanted to adopt me?"

Grumpy Bear: "Yes, we were actually just talking about that. What's your name?"

Cloudstream Bear: "My name is Cloudstream, but you can call me Rainbow or anything you want really. I don't have a family or a home."

Cheer Bear: "Well, you do now! Come with us and we will take care of you."

As they walked through the forest and towards their home, Cloudstream was quiet but grateful. Once they were inside their cozy cottage, Cloudstream sat on the couch and awaited further instruction.

Cloudstream: "So, what should I call you?"

Cheer Bear: "You can call me Mom."

Grumpy Bear: "And you can call me Dad."

Cloudstream: "Okay, Mom and Dad. I'm so happy to have a family."

Cheer Bear: "We're happy to have you, Cloudstream. We are so proud of you already."

Cloudstream: "What can I do to help around the house?"

Grumpy Bear: "You don't have to do anything right now, Cloudstream. We just want you to relax and settle in."

Cheer Bear: "Why don't you show us your bedroom? We decorated it just for you."

Cloudstream: "Really? Okay, let's go!"

Cloudstream led her new parents to her room and was surprised by the beautiful decorations of pink and blue. She felt so happy and loved that tears filled her eyes.

Cloudstream: "Wow! This is the best room I've ever seen! Thank you, Mom and Dad!"

Grumpy Bear: "We are so glad you like it, Cloudstream. Would you like a hug?"

Cloudstream: "Yes, please!"

The three Care Bears hugged as a family before Cheer and Grumpy left their daughter's room for the night. But before they left, Cloudstream warned them to never say the words "Black Hole Bear" out loud.

Cloudstream: "Mom and Dad, I have to tell you something important. You can't say the words 'Black Hole Bear' because it's an intruder of space that can trap all the other Care Bears."

Cheer Bear: "Okay, we understand. We won't say those words. Thank you for warning us, Cloudstream."

Grumpy Bear: "We love you very much, Cloudstream. Sleep well."

Cloudstream: "I love you too, Mom and Dad. Goodnight."

The Care Bears settled into their own beds, grateful for the little family they had created together.