Bruised (fluff)

Idk what leon era this should be so just choose ur fave 🫶
(ALSO ID WRITE SM MORE BUT IVE BEEN MASSIVELY DISTRACTED BY C.AI AND IM CURRENTLY ONLY WRITING THIS CAUSE I HAVE TO WAIT IN A 30 MIN QUEUE LMFAO 😭)

Leon had been on a mission for a couple weeks, the longest you'd gone without seeing eachother since you got together.
You were worried sick, if you heard a knock on your front door you'd never know if it was Leon
or one of his coworkers coming to tell you he didn't make it.

One late night at around midnight you did hear a knock at your door. You got up after a couple seconds, all of those bad thoughts coming to mind as you reached for the door handle. You slowly opened the door to be met with Leon standing in your doorway. He was drenched in rain, massive eye bags and cuts and bruises covering his face and you'd imagine he had more
underneath his clothes.

"Hey.." he said and smiled weakly. He looked like he was about to collapse.
"Leon.." you muttered and looked over him before taking his hand and pulling him inside.
He gazed at you for a couple seconds before pulling you in for a massive hug. "I missed you so much, sweetheart.." he said softly. You could hear the tiredness in his voice.
"I missed you too.." you replied, frowning whilst pulling away. "Are you okay?"
He thinks for a couple seconds and then looks down, "um.. not really.." he says with a quiet chuckle to try and lighten the mood.
"Where does it hurt the most?" You ask with a worried tone, reaching over to take his hand.
"Um..." he thinks again, "everywhere?"
"Oh, honey.." you sigh, looking over him with a soft expression. "I'll get you some painkillers, you rest up. That sound okay?"

Leon nods and heads over to the couch to lay down.
You come back a little while later with some painkillers, a glass of water, disinfectant, and some fresh clothes.
"Can you take off your shirt..?" You ask quietly, blushing slightly.
He returns the blush but does as you ask, exposing even more cuts and injuries.
You frown as you look over him, "okay, this might hurt.." you sigh, putting some disinfectant on a cloth.
He nods. He's felt it 100 times before but it doesn't make it any easier, especially after a tough mission like this.

You gently press the cloth onto the cuts on his chest and he whimpers a little at the sting.
"I'm know, i know..." you comfort him gently, holding his hand every step of the way.

After you finish cleaning his wounds you brush some hair out of his face.
"You're so brave, sweetheart.."
he smiles and blushes a bit, pulling you in for a quick kiss.
"I should have a shower," he laughs softly. "Im pretty gross right now."
You laugh and nod in agreement as he starts to head off to have a shower.

After he's done and dressed you and him lay in bed cuddling for the rest of the night.
You knew you couldn't make all his suffering go away but at least you could help and he appreciated you so much.