Chapter 1

*PLEASE NOTE THAT I DO NOT OWN ANY MARVEL CHARACTERS, ONLY ANY OCS' AND EVENTS THAT ALTER FROM THE MCU TIMELINE.*

𝓘 hissed from underneath the couch as a large black boot tried to kick me underneath it. My tiny claws came out, scratching up the leather- or trying to. They hadn't fully grown in, and they were very tiny.

"Dad please!" Tommy begged. "Don't kick her!"

"She fucking clawed me up again!" The father spat out. "Look at my damn arm!"

"She's just a baby, she doesn't know any better." Billy said. "Please don't hurt her."

Both of the boys were on the verge of tears. They were around seven years old, and they had seen more violence than anyone else of their age. Probably of twice and even triple their age.

And all at the receiving ends of their fathers fists.

I tried to help, I really did. But I was a useless scrap of fur.

Tommy and Billy both knelt down at the edge of the couch, holding their arms out, and I crept out stealthily so that they could pet my head and then pull me into their arms.

"Keep the stupid animal out of my sight." Mr. Peters growled.

"Yes Father." Billy and Tommy said together before they quickly ran up the stairs.

"Try to stay out of fathers way, okay Snow?" Billy asked in that baby voice of his.

"Okay." I mewed softly. They couldn't actually understand me, but I hoped they got the message.

They stayed upstairs for about an hour. They switched between playing with me, and playing with some plastic bricks. They built things out of them, along with little characters that they called Jay, Kai, Cole, Zane, Lloyd, Nya, and Sensei Wu.

"BOYS!" Their father called from downstairs and my ears pricked up from where I was resting on the floor. "DOWNSTAIRS NOW!"

I mewed softly as the boys scrambled to their feet. I lifted my head up, watching as they raced out of the room, their feet pounding on the wooden stairs in their rush to get downstairs.

I rose up onto all four paws, which didn't really do much in the height difference, padding over to the open door. I walked across the hallway and stood at the top of the stairs, wondering if I should brave the stairs.

I could hear glass plates in the kitchen being scraped as they were taken out of the cupboard. They were setting the table for dinner.

I sniffed the air tentatively, smelling burnt cheese and strange noodle thingies. It was the boys favorite meal.

I peered over the cliff edge of the first stair. It seemed like such a far drop. I hunched back on my hind legs, preparing myself for the downward leap.

I leapt down onto the first step and instantly hated the feeling of the slick wood underneath my paws. I dug my tiny nails into the wood so that I didn't go sliding down the rest of them. I hissed at the stairs.

Okay, just fourteen more to go.

I continued this maneuver of jumping down the stair before digging my nails into the slick wood before I made it to the bottom of the stairs. I trotted proudly into the living room, through the small dining room, before I made it to the kitchen.

The kitchen was being renovated, so it was all nice wooden floor that wasn't slicked and I liked it a lot.

"I thought I told you boys to keep that damn furball out of my sight." Their father growled at the boys.

"She's just hungry dad." Billy said.

Not wanting them to get in trouble, I only went over to where my food bowl and water bowl were, licking up the stagnant water that was there.

I then tried to make myself as small as possible in the corner- which wasn't to hard because I wasn't very big. I closed one eye, keeping another eye half-way open so that I could make sure nothing or no one crept up on me unwanted.

"Get the dishes done before eight o'clock." Their father demanded, pushing back from the table, heading out to the living room. I could hear the sounds of the big black box turning on, loud cheers from that stupid show with idiots wearing big helmets and running on a large green field, in a bowl, with two yellow tined forks there.

The boys cleared the table. Billy scraped good food into the trashcan and Tommy started to run the sink so that it was filled with water to put the now empty dishes in it.

"Here snow." Billy said softly, giving me a small piece of chicken. I ate it eagerly, relishing the delicious treat. I wasn't sure why they didn't eat their good food, but I was glad because I got it now!

I mewled quietly, padding over to where my little bed was. I stretched, laying down on the bed. I cleaned myself a little while the boys were quiet, washing the dishes.

Then I laid down, letting my tail wrap around my body, my ears lying flat, and I tucked my paws underneath me.

Listening to the soft sounds of the sponge dip into the water, and the smoothness of their hands running over the finished dishes put me to sleep quickly.