Chapter 18

𝓐𝓕𝓣𝓔𝓡 I came back home from the park, Pepper did lighten up some of my restrictions. However, I always had to be accompanied by either Steve, Bucky, Sam, or someone else that was very close in the Avengers.

Which left Steve, Bucky, and just Sam at this point. I still hadn't seen Tony.

But a few weeks later, I was eating up on the kitchen table in the community room- a daily occurrence that Pepper no longer partook in- when the elevator door opened down the hallway.

I was perplexed, as everyone was already there and Pepper was not coming. Bruce sat down at one end, talking to Nat- whose back was to Clint who was chatting with Scott and Sam. Steve and Bucky were talking quietly amongst each other, sometimes Road chiming in.

That was when Tony entered the room, looking both disgruntled, and much better than the last time that I had seen him.

He came over to the other end of the table, sitting right next to Steve so that he could reach out and pet me.

I flattened myself against the table as he petted me, unwilling to move a muscle, lest I lose control and hurt him.

"Is she okay?" Tony asked, startling Steve a little. Bucky picked me up in his hands, getting up from the table to walk around and sit on Tony's other side.

"She's just afraid of hurting you." Bucky said gently, putting me down on the table right in front of Tony. "You're not going to hurt him Blizz, I promise. He got a new arc reactor that you won't be able to budge even if you jumped on it. You can let him hold you and stuff now. Remember? I said don't listen to anything Pepper said."

Tony's face was even more angry than before. "What did Pepper say to her?"

I let his hands pick me up, though I was very careful with my paw placement as he held me against his chest. Well, more his shoulder. He rubbed his cheek gently against the top of my head. "I missed you." He mumbled.

"Just that she could've killed you if she messed with the arc reactor anymore." Clint said with a shrug.

I let out a small whine, wiggling against Tony's shoulder. Tony just held me there tighter.

"Don't listen to Pepper on that Blizz." Tony whispered softly in my ear. "You wouldn't have done a damn thing messing with my arc reactor. It was dislodged from something else. Not you. Promise."

That did make me feel a little better and I curled up warmly against his shoulder.

"Where's Pepper this morning?" Bucky asked.

"She had to leave again to take care of some Stark Industries meetings in California." Tony said comfortably. "She took Morgan with her as well and Hope is going to watch over her out there."

"Oh that's good. How long is she going to be there?" Bruce asked, joining the conversation.

"Not to long, make a week or two." Tony said with a shrug. "Depends on the meetings and stuff. Thank God I don't have to worry about that stuff anymore."

Road smirked, "Like you ever worried about it in the first place."

I fell asleep against Tony's shoulder, feeling warm and loved.

❆❆❆

"𝓨𝓞𝓤'𝓡𝓔 kidding." Tony's voice snarled through the room.

I was curled up in Bucky's arms, terrified. Eyepatch man was back, sitting comfortably in a chair at the front of the room. Bucky stood at the complete opposite side of the room, close to the door, his hold on me tight.