Chapter 2: A Familiar Encounter

"I'll get it!" Charmy zoomed to the door and opened it.

"Hello!! You must be a client, right?" Charmy squealed.

The white Mobian was startled by the sudden welcome, but nonetheless, greeted back.

"Oh.. Uh, hello! I saw your flyer, and—" The Mobian was cut off by Charmy's enthusiasm.

"Come in and have a seat!" Charmy opened the door wider and let them inside.

"Charmy, Don't yell so much, you'll scare the client away!" Vector stood up and demanded.

"It's okay, really." The Mobian said. They glanced around the office and sat down on the chair in front of Vector. He then noticed a glimpse of a familiar chameleon...

"Hey, waitaminute..." They gasped. "You're that chameleon I saw earlier today!"

Espio's eyes widened. "And you're that hedgehog."

"I think this is a good time to introduce myself. My name is Silver, Silver the Hedgehog. And you are?"

"I'm Espio the Chameleon. The ninja of this detective agency."

Silver turned to Charmy.

"I assume you're Charmy, right?"

Charmy nodded quickly. "How did ya know?"

"One crocodile here said your name. Speaking of crocodile," Silver then turned to Vector. "What's your name?"

"Vector the Crocodile. At your service! Anyways, you came here for something. So I believe it's about time ya told us." Vector sat down on his desk and waited for Silver to speak up.

"Well, a while back when I came home from doing my errands, I noticed something was off. Things were missing such as vegetables from my garden. I shrugged it off because it's been happening for a while now, so I just assumed it was some animals. But then I saw some of my valuables missing as well, along with footprints. I even tried to follow the trail, but the footprints suddenly disappeared! I didn't know what to do until I saw this flyer hanging on a tree near my cottage."

"Hey, that one was mine!" Charmy added.

"And you know the rest." Silver finished.

"I see... Well, this looks like some detective work boys!" Vector exclaimed.

"Oh, one more thing." Silver hesitantly said. "I want to help."

"Are you sure? This is some pretty heavy-duty stuff you're getting into." Vector said.

"I am sure! Please," Silver said then whispered to himself, "I want to be helpful for once.."

Espio saw the look in Silver's eyes and couldn't help but feel bad for him.

"I say we let Silver give it a shot. The more the merrier." Espio said.

Silver looked at Espio he smiled a bit. "Well, alright. Now... Let's get to work! First of all, Silver. Lead us to your house and show us where the footprints started." Vector stood up from his chair.

"Not a problem at all. Follow me!" Silver stood up as well and motioned the Chaotix outside the door.