1

Sora ran up the mountain towards her home

Sora ran up the mountain towards her home. She smiled giddily, feeling the wind through her hair. She felt good as she thought of her parents; her mother would be cooking food for dinner, her dad would be waiting to train her when she returned. Her little brother would be the first to greet her when she returned.

However, as she neared her house, she felt uneasy. Even from a distance, she could see that her home was unnaturally quiet. Slowly, she pushed open the door and walked in on the dead bodies of her parents, lying on the ground.

" Mom! Dad!" The girl cried out.

"Dad!" Sora sat up with a gasp, banging her head on the tree bark above her. She winced, rubbing her head as she saw that dawn was breaking. Wondering what woke her up, she moved away from the tree, trying to find any source of life, only to come across a nearly unconscious boy lying on the ground.

"Um, are you okay?" She asked, only to be greeted by a rumbled reply. The boy raised his hand and pointed weakly at the house on the road.

"Well ok." Sora mumbled, lifting the boy's arm over her shoulder - he was surprisingly light. She walked ( pulled) him over to the house and knocked on the door. An elderly gentleman wearing a mask opened the door.

His eyes fell on the boy I was helping first and he moved aside quickly, allowing me in. "Do you know him?" I asked.

"I trained him." The old man responded, pointing over to the bed. Sora layed the boy down.

She turned around to see the old man blocking the door. "What are you?!" He demanded, "Your smell says you're a demon, but you move in the sun and" he motioned at the sword at her side, "you even carry a katana!"

Sora smiled awkwardly, scratching her neck, "Well it's kind of complicated." She said sheepishly.

"I've got time." The man said. "Let's hear it."

Sora sighed internally. This was gonna be a long day.

Atleast the guy didn't try to kill her...yet.