10

This request is by @McKenzieRichardson - Hope you enjoy!!

WARNINGS!!
- Death/Suicide mention, Depression, Eating disorders, Angst.

Death was hanging on a branch, His weight was like a feather, Light as death you could say.

"S-she- I- I can't-" He heard the whimpering, Death looked over to the noise and saw a man with fire like hair kneeling on a oak tree, Death jumped down and Looked closer.

The man was skinny and sobbing, His back was pressed on the large tree as He pulled out a knife, Death's eyes widened, He recognized this boy, He was a sixteen year old who lived in the orphanage, Death took an interest in this boy and talked to him a few times in the past month.

"Hey!" Death called against his own will.

"Oh- hello." Puss sniffed, Turning away.

"Are you alright?" Death asked, He sat next to the boy and looked down to his hands, they were shaking.

Death grabbed Puss' hands and rubbed them.

"W-what are you doing?" Puss asked, His hands felt warm in death's hands and he melted into the touch, He began to cry on Deaths' shoulder.

"Sh.. Shh.. Everything is gonna be alright.. What happened?" Death asked and Puss sobbed, His sobs became sniffs.

"I- I don't know.. One moment I was fine and I was okay- Then this boy in the orphanage pointed out I wasn't eating and-" Puss ranted, Death looked at his wrists, Cuts, Old and fairly new covered them.

"Have you been cutting yourself?" Death whispered.

Puss pulled his hands back.

"What's it to you?" Puss spat, Death pulled Puss into a hug, Puss didn't want to cry again so he hugged Death tight, Death rubbed the back of his head and whispered to him that it would all be okay, Puss whimpered.

"May I?" Death asked, Indicating to his wrists.

"Sure." Puss sniffed.

"What would possess you to do such a thing?" Death asked, tracing his fingers over the broken skin.

"W-well.. Uh.. A guy called me worthless.. And that I should just die.. So I started doing this to myself every time I felt like I was worth something.." Puss mumbled, Death frowned.

"Why? Every human being is worth something, Puss.." Death reminded him, Puss sniffed and brought his knees to his chest.

"Not me. Not even my parents wanted me." Puss whined, Death sighed.

"May I tell you why your parents could not care for you?" Death asked, Puss sighed.

"Sure." Puss coughed.

"When your parents were young, They had three kids, Your mother was eighteen and your father was twenty, Your mother died from child birth, killing your siblings in the process, Your father fell into a deep depression, He ended up meeting me. Suicide by being hung, He made sure you would be safe and left you on the orphanage steps." Death sighed. "I saw."

Puss sniffed.

"You really knew them?" Puss asked, Death nodded and strung his arm around the smaller males.

"Yeah. They would be so proud." Death whispered.

Puss laid on Death's shoulder and found himself drifting to sleep.

"Thanks Muerte.." Puss muttered.

"No problem, Ginger.." Death smiled at the sleepy male.