Chapter 10

Eleanor’s POV:

I woke up the next morning feeling hot. I tried to push the blankets off only to find that the reason for the high temperature was that Julian had his arms wrapped tightly around me holding me against him. I smiled at how adorable he looked.

“If you don’t want to wake him up I will.” Someone said from above me.

I looked up to see Will leaning over the edge of the sofa.

“Nah I’ll do it,” I replied and tried to loosen his hold on me with no success. “Jules,” I whispered.

He didn’t respond.

“It’s okay. I’ve got this,” Will said before reaching over to grab his drink bottle off the coffee table.

He opened the bottle and slowly poured water onto Julian’s nose.

Julian eyes opened.

“What was that for?” He asked Will.

“You were kind of holding El hostage,” he said.

Julian looked at the position we were in and stuttered, “O-oh, s-sorry about that.” He smiled shyly.

“It’s okay. I was getting a bit hot though,” I replied.

“I’m glad the other two aren’t as touchy-feely as you,” Will laughed and pointed at Jayden and Ruby who were lying facing away from each other.

“I am awake you know,” Ruby mumbled.

“Oh almost everyone’s up now. We just have to wait for Jayden.” Zach said.

“I did my waiting! 12 years of it, in Azkaban!” Ruby yelled at Zach, waking Jayden up.

“Ah, what’s happening?” he asked sleepily.

 “Don’t worry,” we all laughed.

He buried his head back in his pillow but Ruby rolled him over so that he was facing her, “You’re not going back to sleep. We’re going to have fun today.”

“Where are we going?” Trent asked.

“How about we stay in and watch movies? The weather doesn’t look that great.” Julian asked.

Trent nodded, “Okay but I need breakfast first.”

“Maccas run in our pyjamas?” Julian suggested.

“Let’s do it!” I replied.

“I’m staying here.” Said Jayden.

“Me too,” Ruby added.

Jayden’s POV:

Trent, Will, Zach, Eleanor and Julian got in El’s car to go and buy us some breakfast so I shut my eyes to go back to sleep.

“Hey, I’m not letting you go back to sleep,” said Ruby.

“But I’m tired,” I moaned.

“Well too bad. So am I, and I have to go to school tomorrow.”

“Oh yeah I forgot about that,” I sat up and looked around for my shirt to put on.

“It’s up there,” Ruby pointed at the back of the couch, “Is it alright if I wear your clothes for the rest of the day seeing as we’re just sitting around?”

I got out of bed and put my shirt on before returning to it, “Yeah it’s cool.”

“It’s a bit chilly today,” she stated.

“You could always share my quilt,” I lifted it up and she shuffled under it next to me.

“Thanks. You’re nice and warm.”

Julian’s POV:

We went to the McDonald’s Drive Thru and ordered food for everyone.

“Excuse me, are you Julian from The Collective?” the girl serving in the drive thru looked past El who was driving, at me.

“Ah yeah, I am.” I replied.

“You were amazing on X Factor. You should have won.” She said to me, obviously not seeing the other boys in the back of the car.

“Thanks a lot,” I smiled and she handed El our food, “Bye.”

“What movie do we want to watch first?” I asked when we got home and had all found somewhere to sit in the lounge.

“21 Jump Street,” Zach suggested.

Everyone nodded, “Okay I’ll put it on.”

I put the movie in the DVD player and sat back down next to El.

***

Ruby’s POV:

“I hate school,” I whispered to El during our study lesson at school the next day, “Why can’t we just wag school and hang out with the boys?”

“Because it’s Year 12 and there is some unwritten rule that says we can’t.” El sighed.

“They’re going to come around tomorrow night for my birthday.” I said.

“What’s happening tomorrow?” a nosy girl who sits across from us asked.

“Nothing, don’t worry.” El replied.

We hadn’t been advertising that we were friends with The Collective so that people wouldn’t ask us to get them to follow them on Twitter and stuff like that. Those few people we knew that had seen the photos of us with them on Twitter and Instagram thought we just randomly met them once.

To Jayden – “You have no idea how bored I am Xx”

I hid my phone behind my laptop.

To Ruby – “Nah I don’t, I’m at the Beach House :-) xx”

A photo was attached of him coming out the end of a water slide. I slid my phone across the desk to El and she smiled.

“Looks like he’s having fun,” she sighed.

Julian’s POV:

“How was your day?” I asked El on the phone that night.

“Boring! I had a double study lesson with Ruby though and our teacher surprisingly didn’t see that we were watching a movie on my laptop instead of studying.” She said, “What about you?”

“Well I took the boys to the Beach House.” I replied.

“Yeah I saw the picture that Jayden sent Ruby.”

“You usually drive to school don’t you?” I asked her.

“Yeah, why?” she answered.

“Because it’s Ruby’s birthday tomorrow, do you think you could take the bus and Jaydo and I will pick you girls up from school?” I questioned.

“Sure, I think she’ll be pretty pleased with that.” She agreed.

“And don’t tell her. It’s a surprise.” I added.

“Okay, got it. Now I have to go, I’ve got homework to do and you’re distracting me” she laughed.

“Okay I’ll see you tomorrow then. Bye.”