Chapter 7

Gwen took a deep breath. As they approached the production tent, she tightened her grip on her knife. She tried to push all the fear & worry out of her mind. She felt a warm hand on her shoulder. It was Geoff. "Hey, you OK?" he asked. Gwen hesitantly nodded her head. "Look, I know this is tough, but we're gonna find them. I know we will!" She calmed down a little. Soon, the production tent was in sight. "OK guys, we need a plan." said Heather. "There's probably a radio hidden inside the tent. We can use that to call the police." "I'll find that." said Harold. "I know all about operating radios. I went to Radio Steve's Radio Camp after all." Heather rolled her eyes. "Fine. You & I can find the radios. Justin, Leshawna, you two are lookouts." "Geoff & I will save the others." said Gwen. "OK. Let's go. We've got to be stealthy. Got it?" Everyone nodded. "Good."

                                                                           ***

Gwen & Geoff creeped into the production tent. It was a lot bigger that they remembered. There was a series of panels showing the feed of different cameras. A single man was sitting on a chair, observing the feed. They hastily & quietly snuck in through the back entrance. Huddled in a corner sat Trent, Bridgette & Noah with their arms tied behind their backs. Noah had a large bruise on his eye. They ran over to them & undid the ropes binding them. Geoff drew Bridgette into a long, passionate kiss. Gwen & Trent hugged tightly. Noah's expression was a mix of relief & annoyance. "Quick reminder to you lovebirds: there's a serial killer who's gonna come back any minute now!" whispered Noah frustratedly. "He's right. We should go. Heather & Harold are contacting the police. We should run to the woods before we are found." said Gwen. "I'm afraid it's too late for that."

                                                                           ***

Heather & Harold saw the man sitting & observing the feed. A couple of radios were kept on a small desk. Heather snatched a radio & handed it to Harold. As he began switching channels, Heather peered around nervously. The man, who she assumed was the killer, was still watching the camera footage on the giant panels. After an agonising few minutes, Harold proclaimed that he had found the right one. He handed the radio to Heather. "Hello?" she whispered. "Hello, this is the Ontario Provincial Police Department. How may we help?" a voice crackled from the radio. "Hi, um, we're trapped on Camp Wawanakwa with a serial killer. He's already killed 10 people & taken 3 others as hostages. Please send help!" "Camp Wawanakwa, you say? Isn't that the island from that reality TV show Total Drama?" said the voice from the radio, bemused. "Yes! We were supposed to come here for another season, but a killer murdered the host & 9 other contestants! Please help us!" There was a pause. "OK. We're sending a squad of officers. They'll be there in an hour." "Thank you!" Heather's voice was filled with relief. In an hour, they'd be safe & free! She lowered the radio from her mouth. Just then, a bullet blasted the radio to bits. Heather & Harold screamed. An intimidating-looking man loomed over them. "Oh, this is too good."

A/N: Behold, a new chapter for you to enjoy! I will try to make the chapters a bit longer. The next one will hopefully be HUGE. Also, please leave comments, I really want to know how you feel! Until next time!

P.S: Happy Pride Month!🌈