PINAFORE

pinafore
( n ) a dress, often associated
with a muggle school uniform,
and worn sometimes by the
students of hogwarts

BOOK ONE

-: golden era :-

BOOK ONE✧ -: golden era :-

── WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?

. . .

SUMMARY

Emily-Anne Redferne was nothing but a mere Muggle-born when she came to Hogwarts. She had nothing of a magical education, other than the short lengths that had reached the Muggle population of Britain. She had grown up on the foot of one of the most favoured hills in the History of Magic in England, Pendle, in the same house where many centuries ago women who were killed for their magic skills had raised their families without knowledge of their futures.

She had grown up surrounded by tarot cards, crystals, readings of the future, altars to the Greek Gods and Goddesses herb bundles hanging in the doorway of every room, her mother spending each day in the garden putting together brews to aid her customers' every ailment, from arthritis setting in their fingers to the chesty cought that just wouldn't go away.

That was the magic Emily had known. How one could harness the elements, use plants and a particular way of cooking them to help others, how to connect with a certain spirituality within. That was all she had known, until a knock came to the door of their little cottage over the beck and were introduced to a woman named Minerva McGonagall, a professor at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. A school of magic, actual, true magic.

And when she arrived there, Emily fell into a small group of friends. Hermione Granger, a muggle-born like her, Ron Weasley, and Harry Potter - who happened to be the Boy Who Lived, whatever that meant. They seemed to grow closer in with an edge of inevitability; they were so often thrown together in situations none of them expected, from facing three-headed dogs and something sucking blood from a unicorn in the midst of the Forbidden Forrest, to finding the man who had tried to kill Harry latched onto the back of their teacher's head.

The next year Emily found herself amongst those attacked by Salazar Slytherin's basilisk that had hidden beneath the school in the Chamber of Secrets for many years before. Like the year before, Harry had been at the front of those (namely he, Ron, Hermione and Emily) who managed to save the school and it was revealed that Tom Riddle had been posessing poor Ginny Weasley so that he could terrorise the school.

But alas, a giant snake who could petrify poor Muggle-borns, ghosts and cats was not the last of their worries as, by the time their third year came around, Sirius Black had escaped Azkaban and was coming for Harry. Whilst not Voldemort himself, the threat of darkness was constantly all around them until it was found that Sirius was innocent, Peter Pettigrew was guilty and Emily, Hermione and Harry managed to travel back in time and save both Sirius and Buckbeak, a Hippogriff who she had fallen in love with during a Care of Magical Creatures class at the beginning of the year.