ACT ONE

ACT ONE

-: hogwarts :-

── BUT THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT I'VE FOUND

. . .

SUMMARY

Emily-Anne Redferne had seen her fair share of problems at Hogwarts. In her first year, she watched as she slowly became closer with Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger with peculiarities of a troll attack on the two girls and a teacher trying to kill the Boy Who Lived, with the darkest of wizards attached to the back of his head, of course.

Her second year a basilisk terrorised the school, petrifying herself and Hermione in an attempt to purge the school of it's impurities - it's Muggle-born population - and once Harry managed to kill the basilisk it became clear that somehow, Tom Riddle had been possessing poor Ginny Weasley and forcing her to help the basilisk in it's path. 

Then, her third year came and whilst there was no threat of Voldemort as he was, Sirius Black had broken free from Azkaban and was coming for Harry. He was his godfather, supposedly, who had betrayed the Potters for the Dark Lord all those years before. Emily punched Draco Malfoy, they saved Buckbeak from a terrible fate, discovered their teacher was a werewolf and found out Sirius Black was innocent all in one night. 

That story her mother certainly didn't approve of, especially not after seeing Sirius's mugshot in one of Emily's copies of the Daily Prophet before school starting. And Enid Redferne, in all her wonderfulness, certainly didn't approve of the one tiny detail that Emily had offered Sirius a place to stay for a week. 

He had turned up with Buckbeak just after Emily had finished her story, beddraggled and still in his prison uniform and whilst Emily had welcomed him with open arms her mother stood at a distance, wary still. Buckbeak took his place in their garden, and Enid was utterly furious at the fact her growing vegetable patch was thoroughly ruined, but didn't seem to mind the company of Sirius trotting along as a dog when they went on their walks. He got his wand back midway through his stay, having managed it as a dog and returning not long after he left. 

When the week was over, Enid sent him on his way with a care package and an address to return to if needed. Emily was grounded, but she had never been before and neither of them really knew how it worked and the punishment fizzled out in a couple of days. Nonetheless, Emily didn't think it the best idea to tell her about her invite to the Quidditch World Cup until Molly Weasley herself wrote, Errol crashing into their chimney and having to be nursed back to health whilst Enid mulled it over. 

But finally, when Errol was hopping about merrily again, Enid said yes. 

She seemed to somehow understand, after Emily let her know in a letter in her third year that she had been accepted onto Gryffindor Quidditch team as a Chaser, that this was something her daughter simply couldn't miss. And it would be there, at the Quidditch World Cup, where Emily would find that the boy she punched, the boy who had tormented her through much of her time at Hogwarts thus far wasn't exactly who she thought.

It just took a Death Eater attack to reveal that.

. . .

── OR SEE IT FROM THIS WAY 'ROUND

. . .

"i could see it on your face, it was rough
left a bad taste on your tongue
and she didn't even take any drugs
she would rain all day, couldn't wait for her sun to shine
and you made it shine
there when she cried, you saved her life "
── daddy issues (remix), the neighbourhood ft. syd

. . .

── ' THAT WAS STUPID,REDFERNE '

REDFERNE '

' SAYS YOU, WASN'T ' ──
THAT YOUR DAD UNDER ONE
 OF THOSE MASKS? '

. . .

ACT ONE

-: started 04 - 06 - 23 :-