Chapter 12: Final Run

Gordon raced down the line, he had caught up to Thomas in no time and began to push him down the line. Then he caught up to Edward who pulled Gregory down the line and began to push him as well. Matt shoveled coal into his firebox and steam puffed into his pistons. It took a while, but at last, as the light began to come into the sky, the ocean came into view and so did Thesang separated from that ocean. Gordon smiled in relief as they all traveled down the line and they soon entered the station, where countless steam engines were all stationed. Other engines were also there and were in front of them, protecting them from any outside danger. They were allowed in the yards immediately, Edward took Gregory to the small workshop where they could inspect him. Thomas breathed a sigh of relief.

"Good run Gordon," he said, looking happily at the big engine. The big engine smiled back, he was exhausted himself, his buffers were cracked and his front was a little bent out of shape, but he still felt proud of his achievement with the rest of the engines. He then puffed back up to the station, where a familiar face sat. He grinned knowingly as he puffed up to the giant engine. "Callum," he smiled, "it has been too long!"

"Shooting Star!" cried the engine, "what a wonderful surprise! I knew came to visit, but by the time I ran down here, you were already gone! I came here to help with the engines that are arriving. We will be taking them individually to each workshop across Thesang, it really depends on how damaged they are. But thankfully, they aren't as damaged as the ones that usually reach our rails. Oh by the way, it is Mount Callim now, they changed my name when I arrived, just like you, King Gordon of Sodor!"

Gordon chuckled at that. "Mount Callim," he repeated in his own voice, "that makes sense, you indeed are a mountain with that configuration of yours!"

Eileen looked between the two other engines in confusion. "You two know each other?" she quizzed.

"Indeed!" smiled Gordon, "Callum here was in the workshop and warehouse when I was built, we were built alongside each other and stayed together in the same warehouse during the first World War."

"Yes," said Mount Callim, "unfortunately, Gordon went off to be rebuilt, and I was just sold off to one of the older railways of Thesang before being merged together after nationalisation, but I will tell you this, they rebuilt me into a better engine and I feel great! I am glad both of us are here, and I am glad you made her safely my dear."

Eileen smiled back. "Thank you," she said, she looked over to Gordon and was about to say something to him, when they heard a diesel horn, all of them look to see a hoard of diesels come, with bellowing white steam coming out of steam engines.

Gordon smiled. "That must be BoCo and Highlander," he said.

"Who?" questioned Mount Callim.

"Two engines who helped me and the others get the engines here out of the designated yards," explained Gordon.

"But they're diesels," said Mount Callim hesitantly, looking over at them with curiosity.

"Indeed," said Gordon, "but they are welcomed here, they helped us, and we should help them if needed."

Mount Callim looked over to Gordon with great interest as the big engine moved towards Highlander and BoCo. "Welcome to Thesang!" he greeted warmly, "is everyone alright?"

"Yes," smiled Highlander warmly, "there are a few damaged here, but none were killed on our side."

"Your plan worked Gordon!" cheered BoCo.

Gordon chuckled. "Not entirely my plan," said Gordon, "I had a lot of help from you diesels."

He then looked down at his buffers and then sighed deeply, then he looked back up, a stern expression coming across his face. "I will admit to you all," he said, "I always thought of you all as devious beings, smelly, oily, and not real engines."