Epilogue

Gordon sat in his shed, the night had finally come back and BoCo had greeted them back at Vicarstown with a lovely gift of all the engines being there, welcoming them home. The Fat Controller is also there, cheering for them as well. Gordon would cherish the memory of him throwing his top hat in the air in joy at seeing him, Edward, and Thomas finally returning.

But still, he couldn't help but feel depressed. Whilst he still brought Thomas and Edward back unexpectantly, he still failed his own mission of bringing Papyrus back, and the whole event made him miss the normal days of getting stuck on hills and trying to shoo cows off the line.

Though Gordon tried to stop it, he just couldn't. The bright side was there, yet Gordon could not reach it yet. He had his family, but still, he could not help but feel like his blood relatives were far away, not being able to see them for a long time again.

Matt polished the side of his boiler one last time. Gordon's driver watched him in bemusement. "For a trainee driver," he said, "you do have a fascination with our engine."

Matt looked over to Gordon's crew and smiled. "Just to let you know," he said, "I help drive him for a while last week. I can drive him just as well as you can."

"Yeah," said the fireman, "you also stole him from us as well. You know how long it took us to figure out what had happened."

"Not too long," shrugged the driver, "only about an hour until the shed master told us what had happened."

The fireman rolled his eyes. "Still a pain to get back to Sodor though," he said, "then we're blamed for when we told BoCo about Gordon and then he left the island to look for him."

"I still think we should've gone with him," sighed the driver, the fireman glared at this, but Matt laughed.

"Don't worry," he called down from Gordon, "you didn't miss much. Me and Gordon had a great time together. I might actually be his next driver if I behave!"

"If," stated the driver, then he looked down the tracks and gasped, "look, Gordon! Look!"

Gordon looked back to his crew and Matt. "What is it?" he said glumly.

Matt peered through the darkness as well and grew just as excited as Gordon's crew. "Looks like the Fat Controller has gotten a surprise for you!" he said.

Gordon looked dead ahead and gasped. There reversing into the shed were two green tenders, in front of them was a shape very familiar to his own.

"It's the Flying Scotsman!" cried Gordon, "the Fat Controller has brought him here to see me! Oh, thank you, sir!"

Matt chuckled and patted the once more happy engine on the side of the boiler as the Flying Scotsman backed down next to Gordon, whistling just as happy as him. Another pair of brothers, finally reuniting once more.