Chapter 472. Tournament starts!

After waiting on the main stage, the announcer finally appeared. He was a strong-looking lion man with a wild and beautiful golden mane.

He opened his mouth and roared with a wild smile. "Welcome to the tournament! I'm the second in command of Torrent City and will be your host this time. I know that usually, the City Lord is the one giving the speech. However, he doesn't know many things because he just came out of the wild, and besides strength and ability to guide a power, he knows very little about the World."

The lion man laughed and continued. "Nevertheless, don't look down on our City Lord too much since he is quite young and powerful. His future is certainly enviable!"

Yasenia and the others lifted an eyebrow.

Evelyn commented. 'That's not a bad excuse. I could get behind it.'

Andrea nodded. 'This minotaur guy isn't that stupid.'

Yasenia answered. 'Yet, he has just placed a significant target on his back. It remains to be seen how long he can avoid succumbing to the control of others. If my predictions are correct, we will witness this city falling into the hands of a top power soon.'

Angel blinked and asked. 'Why didn't they aim for it before?'

Yasenia explained. 'Having an old City Lord just in the Ethereal Soul Body Realm is unattractive. A young, talented, already strong, but ignorant City Lord is like the best puppet material. They won't have to spend so many resources on him and will be able to make him submit easily.'

Cecile spoke. 'I sensed a few people, Elder Mao included, lifting an eyebrow at his statement. I don't know if the lion man spoke like that intentionally, but avoiding what Yasenia predicted is now very difficult.'

After a long speech about fairness, strength, competitiveness, and the traditions that originated this prominent tournament, the lion kin pointed at the side of the stage with a smile.

"Although our City Lord has yet to learn these procedures, he has come to see the competition intending to learn. Give a loud cheer for him!"

The people in the stadium turned toward one of the most luxurious VIP rooms and saw a bulky and tall minotaur with many scars. They were yesterday's wounds, which haven't healed yet.

Some females of various races screamed to catch his attention, while Yasenia's sharp senses felt many spiritual senses invading that spot for a few seconds before retiring.

Yasenia's expression changed, and Tatyana commented. 'There were seven especially powerful auras. I expected it, but Epoch Core Body Cultivators are in here. We must act with extra care and be attentive.'

They all nodded.

Yasenia smirked. 'By the way, I bet for a Sky Continent beast human, this place is quite similar to a small heaven. How many beast humans will want to return to a place where their identity can't be much more than a slave?'

Angel blinked. 'But Yasenia, you were also a beast-human back then.'

Yasenia chuckled. 'Baby, I'm an exception, not the rule. Cecile was a human and also my lover, so she is also an exception.'

Kali sighed. 'Well, those that value family may want to return either way. Those that have a lover back there will also be anxious to return.'

Yasenia chuckled, but her smile disappeared quickly.

Her brows furrowed as she thought. 'I have to find the girls from my Fanclub or any people I know quickly. I've already sent a message to Ghana to set up a slave trading company. Now, how should I make it so that we can search for them while also not being suspicious?'