Part 7.small breakage

The girl sat on the cliff until the very night, and even the fact that about an hour after she was left alone it started to rain and that it was still raining did not bother her at all.

Water dripped from her reddish hair, and gray-blue eyes looked into the distance.

The white and black hoodie was already completely soaked, as were the gray pants with dark gray boots.

The rain did not seem to want to subside and the girl was pleased.

All the same, Veronika always liked the rain, especially if it was warm enough outside.

- I wonder what time of year it is now? - flashed through the girl's head

She still doesn't know, although it could be assumed that it's June or July, and she still walks in hoodies as if it's autumn or spring outside.

The girl smiled involuntarily.

But the smile immediately disappeared when she heard the noise of propellers approaching her and looking in the direction from where the sound came from, Veronica saw the outlines of a ranger.

- only he was missing here - the girl whispered softly and went away from the edge.

- Veronika stop sitting here! The end was two hours ago!

Blade landed on a cliff not far from the girl who had already gone a good distance.

- What do I care?

- don't be rude, if it wasn't for me you wouldn't have stayed at the fire station at all.

- Yeah, then I'll go.

- where are you? God, are teenagers always this hard?

Blade drove up to the girl

- Go back to the base, it's already late to sleep.

- so go, sleep - the girl fell silent, and then added - remember Nik.

Vint sighed, and Veronika silently walked away.

The ranger unscrewed the screws and returned to the hangar.

In the morning, waking everyone up, he flew off on patrol, and the girl nevertheless returned back at night and slept in Maru's workshop.

Nothing interesting happened at breakfast in the main hangar, the guys had breakfast and went about their business.

Maru went to the workshop, so the girl sat alone and drew something with a pencil on canvas.

The sound of approaching propellers was heard from the street, and after a while Blade drove into the hangar.

When he saw the girl, he frowned slightly.

- Please forgive me for yesterday - Veronika looked up from the drawing - I shouldn't have told you that ..

Blade looked at the girl in surprise and sighed.

- nothing, I'm sorry I left you on the cliff

-Nothing - Veronika smiled.

- Maru in the workshop?

- yes, in the workshop -Veronika again lowered her eyes to the canvas and continued to draw.

- Listen - Veronika looked up at the ranger again.

-Yes?

- about the fire, please, I really need ..

- I thought you understood everything then

- argh, why are you like this..

the girl got up, took the jar from the shelf and put it in front of the uncomprehending Blade

- what can you do with this jar?

- a strange question, but let's start with the fact that this is not mine.

- I don't care, just tell me what you can do with it while the bank is closed

-Nothing? Why such questions?

- you have a world of some kind of masochists, but okay - the girl sighed - let's say it's yours and you can't do anything with this jar, if you can't do anything with it, you will be left without fuel and die. It's the same with me, if I don't prepare myself a normal meal and don't eat, I'll die.

The girl put the jar back

- understand?

- what are you talking about? - The conversation was abruptly interrupted by Maru

- Nothing - Blade looked at the mechanic.

- he does not allow me to light a fire to cook food .. - the girl sat back on the floor and continued to draw.

- because you're still a small child - Blade looked at Veronika, and then turned his gaze to Maru.

- what's wrong here? - Maru drove up and started fiddling with the banks - I think nothing will happen if she kindles a fire behind the hangars, after all, we are all nearby, if we put out something, and Veronika seems to be not so stupid if she could start a big fire here - Maru pushed one of the cans to Blade

-Okay, you can kindle a fire - Blade looked at the girl with some irritation and began to eat his breakfast.

The girl removed the canvas from her knees, took a homemade fishing rod, a bucket, her backpack and a piece of metal bent in half, which Maru had allowed to use yesterday, although the mechanic himself did not understand why the girl needed it. Veronika went to the exit from the hangar.

-Thank you, thank you very much, if that I'll be at the waterfall.

The girl ran out of the hangar and ran down the road to get to the lake faster.

Maru only smiled looking after the girl.

After about half an hour, the sound of a siren was heard throughout the station, announcing that a forest was on fire somewhere.

The mechanic quickly refueled everyone and the guys went to take off, but when Maru looked after the flying guys, something made him put Blade on the ground.

- Blade! Come back, I need to check something! Maru's voice sounded alarmed

Blade obediently sat down on the ground before telling the Windlifter that they would start extinguishing without him.

- Maru, what happened?

When the ranger's propellers were full, the mechanic drove up to the helicopter and began to inspect its tank.

A minute later, the loader gave out a whole tirade of curses, but at the same time he did not specifically address anyone.

-Is there something wrong? - Blade looked worried

- tank is leaking

- can you fix it?

- not sure, I think I'll have to order a new one

The ranger swore softly and contacted the Windlifter again, saying that they would have to put out the fire without him.

Maru drove towards the workshop.

- Come on, I'll take off the tank.

Blade followed Maru and followed him into the workshop.

After 5 minutes, the tank was removed.

How long do I have to drive without a tank?

I don't know until a new one arrives.

Maru drove up to the computer and opened something on it.

After a while, he just sighed.

- the earliest time when the tank will arrive is in 2 weeks.

-2 weeks?!

- Unfortunately

Blade looked away and silently drove out of the hangar, started the screws and flew off from the fire station, landing on a cliff.

Maru just gave him a sad look.