Love is a condition of the head

For a long time I thought that love is something simple, something beautiful.

Even though I was never good with emotions, this was something I was sure about. Love is like two people completing each other.

If I gave a piece of me, eventually that piece would be replaced with you.

After all, love is simple and easy to recognize.

Oh what a fool I was.

6PM the training room.

Haerin looked down at her feet. Something was holding her from facing the room. It had been a while since the five of them had been practicing like this together. Self promotions and meetings around the country had been rising as their popularity as one of the future leading Kpop bands was growing.

It wasn't easy to be apart from her band members,

friends.

Especially that special someone.

Hesitantly she glanced over the other four girls who were standing a bit far from her.

Minji was leaning against the wall next to the huge mirrors and by the sound of Hanni's laugh, she was saying something funny.

Hyein had crouched down and followed the older girls' conversation, amused.

Haerin's eyes wandered around and stopped at the tall girl behind Hyein. Danielle was wearing a short crop top and a comfy looking baggy pants. Her hair was tied up in a cute bun, leaving a few stray hairs falling to the sides of her face. She was smiling a bright smile, a smile that could light up the whole world. Her cheeks were red from all the training and sweat was dripping on her body.

Something about this girl made Haerin feel nervous, and she couldn't help but just stand and stare.

Unconsciously Haerin's eyes moved up and down on Danielle's figure, all the way to her eyes that were,

What-

Haerin froze.

Danielle was staring right back at her with an expression that Haerin couldn't read.

Did she see me checking her out just now?

No...

No way.

A mix of panic and nervousness took the best of her as she quickly, and rather obviously, turned her gaze back to the floor.

Shit shit shit!!!

The heck does she think of me now!

Haerin felt her cheek burning, unable to say whether it was because of embarrassment or something else. The sound of approaching footsteps made her heart skip a beat.

"Haerin?" A sweet voice came from above.

Suddenly she felt a finger lifting up her head. A bit surprised, Haerin looked up and faced Danielle's deep, brown eyes.

Haerin gulped as she felt Danielle's fingers tracing slowly- perhaps unintentionally - her jaw line.

Her heart was racing a marathon and she felt like any time now it would jump out of her chest. Her eyes were spinning by the beauty of the girl standing in front of her.

Finally Danielle removed her hand and tilted her head, looking confused.

"Haerin?" She called her again, "Are you alright? You've been zoning out for the past few hours- well pretty much the whole training."

Get it together Kang!

She internally lectured herself.

"I- I'm fine," she stuttered and lowered her gaze down to the other side. Danielle's sweet scent was all over her and it was starting to get hard to think.

"Why don't you look me into the eyes then?" Abruptly she tilted her head and lowered it so that she was staring at Haerin's eyes again.

Her innocent yet worried look made Haerin's heart beat even faster, if that was possible. Danielle's face was only a few cms away from hers.

Her eyes slowly lowered and she found herself staring at Danielle's lips.

"Is there something funny on my face?" The beautiful Australian girl asked, as she had noticed Haerin's intense look.

Realizing this, Haerin quickly snapped out of it and backed off a few steps.

S-she didn't see that just now, did she?

Her face turned tomato red.

Idiot! She was standing right in front of you! Of course she did!

"I- I must go," quickly she passed Danielle covering her face with her hands. She ran to the other three girls.

"Hey, you oka-"

Before Hanni had the chance to finish her question, Haerin had already snatched her drinking bottle from the floor and rushed out of the practicing room.

The girls turned to Danielle, who was still standing a bit further away, looking stunned.

"What happened? Did you guys fight?" Minji asked.

"No... Not that I know."

Danielle smirked.