Chapter 17. The Imperfect Perfect Family

"Kitty please....don't go."

Minho followed Kitty outside the venue.

"Minho....maybe...it's for the best right now." Kitty stopped and faced him.

"What? So you're just gonna leave me out here like some junk? Just because my mom told us?"

"Your mom is hurt..."

"I will fix this with dad...."

Kitty turned and continued walking when Minho rushed to hug her from behind.

"Kitty....you know how much I like you....just...don't go."

"Right now Minho...I'm only doing what's best for your family." Kitty faced him.

Their eyes started to get teary.

Kitty then hugged him.

Back at the venue.....

The other guests started murmuring as they saw a scene unfolding before them...

"I cannot believe you have to do that to our son." Simon scolded Minho's mom.

"Why? Can't I just act that way after everything you have done? You know how many sleepless nights I had endured knowing that you were sleeping with many women.."

"You slept with men too!"

"An actress, on the brink of divorcing...husband has other hidden wives...you are the one who turned our life into this!"

"Dami.... that is why I came here to fix things....Kitty...she was the one who made me realize all of it. She knows I have my first love here...but at the same time it made me think that why should I not love again....when I have you and Minho.....I....want to be with you and Minho again....I know...how sinful I have become!"

"Do you think it's this easy to make it all up? After all this time...you were sleeping with other wives because you cannot get over her mother."

"I will give you time to forgive me
If that's what you want...But I want you to know...that I am moving on from Eve Song who already died a few years ago." Simon's tears fell.

Minho's mother turned silent.

"The two of you...please stop it." Jina spoke through the microphone on stage.

"Principal Lim?" Professor Lee was surprised to see her there.

Even her husband was also shocked that she was already in front.

Minho went back and saw the commotion.

"Your marriage is getting destroyed...but let me tell you....Mine is supposed to be destroyed too....." Jina began her speech.

"Hey what are you doing?!" Yuri's father shouted.

"Just let her speak Mr.Han." Madison's mother said.

"I was pregnant with Alex here...and his father is Daniel, who is Professor Lee." Jina carried on.

The students who attended gasped.

"Mom...is getting braver now." Yuri smiled proudly.

"And my daughter....Yuri here...likes a girl, and I accept her.... my husband knows all of this and we were too busy protecting our image as a family, afraid for the public to find out the truth....but here it is...However, my husband and I didn't resort to divorce despite all of this...my husband also remained patient in me..and I am forever grateful to him...here I am telling you Simon and your wife...to remember that not every family is perfect...and the choice to stay intact together despite the missing pieces is yours to make."

After Jina's speech, the students as well as the other guests started clapping, their eyes filled with tears.

Turns out that the events were broadcast, Florian's parents from afar also saw the news and they all looked down in realizations..

Yuri's father was teary eyed, if not touched by Jina's speech....He smiled.

Then he saw the comments on his tablet.

Wow Mr.Han is sure the perfect husband.

I know...even if he is hotheaded at time...he sure knows how to handle his family..

Then Jina walked down the stage...

Alex and Yuri ran to hug Jina.

This time Professor Lee and Jina's husband looked at each other with no more cold looks.

Minho went towards Simon and Dami

"Fine....Though it's hard, I need more time...And Minho, go back with me to Los Angeles...I want you to assist me with something there." Dami told Simon and Minho.

"Alright mom..." Minho said

Then his mom left.

Minho looked at his phone wallpaper.

It was when he and Kitty had a selfie together at the carnival.

"Buddy....do whatever your heart wants." Simon patted his back then walked away to talk to other guests.

| End of Chapter |