CHAPTER 1 OPENING: letter.

H/C :hair colour
E/C :eye colour
F/C :favourite colour
F/D :favorite drink
D/N :dead name
L/N :Last name
N/N :nickname

                       --Y/N'S POV--

"D/N!"

"What?" I asked, walking over to the pantry and grabbing a bag of bread. Taking two peices out and popping them inside the toaster.

"We need to talk, D/N. Come sit with us." My dad called out, gesturing me to sit down on the couch next to both of my parents.

"As you know," My mom began. "We are having a hard time with financial stuff, we can barely even afford your school mija. And with us undocumented immigrants, we can't take anymore risks here."

"..and what's your point, ma?" I questioned, seeming slightly concerned on the tone that my mom was speaking. She just sighed, and gave me a letter. It calmed me a bit once I saw my parents smiling. I looked back at the letter, reading it intently. What I read completely shocked me. "YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO WORK FOR JURASSIC WORLD?!" I yelled in amazement and happiness, looking up at my dad, then my mom.

"Yep, and you're going to be coming with us. We signed you up for a camp next to our padlock near the new hybrid dinosaur, it had just opened up and we thought it was a good idea to sign you up for it, so we could keep a close eye on you." My dad answered. Before I could say anything else, a knock was heard at the front door of our house. My mom got up to answer the door, to my surprise, it was my best friend, jaida.

"Hello, Mrs. L/N! am I too early?" Jaida asked, holding a brown plaid duffle bag.

"Oh, no you're not late at all! You're actually a bit early, jaida!" Mom said, moving aside to let her inside. "How about you go sit on the couch, make yourself at home!"

"Ma, why is Jaida here?" I questioned her again in confusion.

"She's going to be watching over you when we aren't around to, mija! Now go and pack your things! We're leaving tomorrow!"

I got up from the couch, and head off to my room, feeling really giddy and excited. Im literally going to Jurassic world! I enter my room, and get my F/C book bag. It has a pin with a badly drawn ankylosaurus on it, saying; 'ankle sores!'. It was designed by my 6th grade science teacher, she really loved dinosaur puns, but was a horrible artist. I still don't get the pun to this day honestly.

                   --TINY TIME SKIP--
I'm halfway through packing, when I hear my door to my room open.

"What's up, Y/N? Got some granola bars for the campin' trip." Jaida said, walking inside my room and placing down her bag on my bed. Her face expression changed, walking over to me and putting a hand on my shoulder. "You still haven't told them?" She asked.

I sigh, shaking my head in response. "I figured they would already know, based on all the clues I gave them." I look at jaida with a concerned face. I wasn't concerned about anything in particular though, just my parents.

"Dude, you haven't been giving them clues. Quit lying, N/N." Jaida argumented. "I can give you a push in the right direction if you want though."

"No, I'm fine. I can tell them by myself, don't worry."

"You said that last month, man."

I just scoffed playfully, finishing up packing my suitcase and closing it. I stood up when I saw jaida still with a concerned expression. "I swear, I'll tell em'. You don't have to be worried about me, mcdonald."

              --THIRD PERSON POV--

Jaida smiled slightly, though she knew that y/n won't tell them any time soon. She was worried about him still. He can't bottle up his feelings forever, sure jaida doesn't exactly know how y/n's parents would react if he told them, but it needs to be told to them. Who cares if they don't accept him?

Y/n, on the other hand, is completely fine with keeping himself secret and pretending to continue being a girl. He doesn't want anyone, nor anything hint that he's.. Himself.

Jaida needed to tell them.

WORD COUNT: 718 words
DATE POSTED: 6/1/23 (June first, 2023.)

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH Y'ALL🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉