Bonehead

The kindergarten teacher lost, again and again, getting more desperate each time. It was amusing to watch until she swung at him when she lost a final time.

Saiko Metori was having an aneurysm, “Surely this is not normal among peasants!” Aren didn’t even get angry at Saiko for calling normal people peasants, “From what I have seen, no. This is not normal. A few bad eggs can really sourér the omelet experience though.”

For once they both seemed to have the same thought in mind, I will mess her up .

So I decided to not use my powers in public ever again. If I have to use them, I always make sure no one's around. Kusuo´s friends shifted, it really did make sense that he wanted to keep it under wraps if it caused so much attention and risk at exposure. They really wished Kusuo had entrusted the truth with them though, even if they were a little skeptical if this all was actually 100% true. It was one thing to hear and see about psychic powers on a big screen, another to see it in action with their own eyes. Akechi was having a revelation though. It was all falling into place, something happened related to Kusuo´s powers that caused Kusuo´s family to move. Akechi most probably hasn't done anything wrong.

Kusuo locked eyes with Akechi and gave a simple nod after hearing the blond boy's thoughts. “ It wasn't your fault Akechi. It never was. ” A small smile crawled up Akechi´s face, which was nice to have confirmed.

I use telepathy to make sure no one is in the vicinity. I can detect people in a 200-meter radius. I don't miss a soul. Kusuo´s eyes got covered by large hands. “Guess who?” Well, almost. There's one guy I can´t detect.

Everyone not in the know gasped or stared intently at the screen. What? Someone out there naturally immune?

“How's it going, pal?” asked Nendo, looming over Kusuo. Nendo Riki. No one likes him, but he likes me for some reason. But that's not the real issue. The problem is that I can't read this guy´s thoughts at all. Saiko looked over at Nendo and exclaimed, “It is because he never thinks.” Kaidou turned around quickly and was about to defend his friend before pausing, finger raised. Yeah, they all knew Nendo did not think. Well other than Kaidou´s mom who glowered at her son for stopping himself in defending Nendo. 

And everyone has thoughts. The screen showed examples. I can even read animals´ minds. A gorilla was shown. But this guy is the only exception.

Kusuke´s eyes strayed to Nendo, trying to figure him out. Could this idiot be a real threat to Kusuo?

And I immediately figured out why. He´s a complete idiot. The screen showed an innocent image of Nendo. You can´t read an empty mind.

Nendo frowned a little and Kusuo noticed from his couch, “Nendo… you are one of the most kind-hearted people I know. It doesn't matter if you are an idiot.” Everyone was surprised at his kind reassurance to Nendo, even Kusuo himself. He normally never tried to say kind words. 

In that sense, Nendo is a scary guy. Nendo smiled over at his friend, “Don´t worry buddy, I would never hurt you. You are my best buddy!” Kusuo gave a thankful nod towards Nendo. Kusuo might not be able to read the idiot´s mind but he could feel the sincerity in his words. Nendo really meant it.

Nendo immediately came to Takahashi´s rescue when he collapsed on the gym floor. Midori smiled proudly at her son, “Well done Riki.” she rasped out, her voice hoarse with prolonged and overdone smoking. They all had to force down their laughter when Takahashi on the screen was freaking out about Nendo being his first kiss.

Toritsuka snickered to himself, “I have to tease him about this…”

Saiko heard him and nodded firmly, “Yes, the Broccoli could have some good from that.”

Toritsuka snapped his head around to look at Metori, “Broccoli?”

Saiko Metori nodded, “Yes, that is what I call that peasant. Look at his atrocious hair.” He pointed at Takahashi on the screen and even the bodyguards snorted in laughter from their seats around the Saiko´s. The teen really did look a bit like broccoli.

“Hold on a second.” What? wondered Kusuo.  “He is really sick. Didn't you hear what he said? He's got bonehead.” continued Nendo, pointing at Takahashi. You´ve got to be kidding me. Nendo was shown innocently looking at them, flowers drawn on as special effects. He actually thinks “bonehead” is an illness? “That's it right?” asked Nendo.

Giggles erupted from several people in the audience and Kusuke was having a stroke over how somebody could be so stupid. He might not survive this reaction when this was killing his brain. Matzusaki thought about it hard. “Bonehead? What are you talking about?” ´Bonehead´ is caused by a virus that invades through the follicles. “Oh, bonehead! I remember now.” Matsuzaki looked mildly proud of himself to remember that. Matzusaki groaned and held his head in his hands. Why did he listen to Nendo? 

It's 92.8 degrees.” Rumbled Matsuzaki. “What?” asked Takahashi. Matsuzaki went into full gear, “Call the ambulance! ” They all cracked smiles as Takahashi was shown carried away on a stretcher, Nendo and Matsuzaki watching intently, “Hang in there! Stay with us!” shouted Nendo. Kusuo watched from the second-floor hallway lighting his finger on fire. I used pyrokinesis, the ability to manipulate heat. Kusuo went back into the nurses' office. Looks like it melted a bit. Kusuo took the thermometer and looked at the singed tip and then crushed it in a burst of flame. I need to destroy the evidence. “Hey…” Crap, he saw me! Kusuo tensed as he noticed Nendo looking at him blankly. “Don´t tell me you caught bonehead, too!” Before he knew it Kusuo was on a stretcher too, Nendo shouting at him to “Hang in there!” Nendo is one scary fellow, thought Kusuo.

The audience just about died with laughter. Saiko Metori nodded his head as he laughed, “I understand you Pink Peasant, he can be scary.” Nendo was blushing a little bit beside his mother. He just wanted to care for his friends!

Kaidou almost got a heart attack when he saw himself on screen. Why had he chosen to sit beside his mother? No, no, no, no, NO! But I shall protect the world. I, the Jet-Black Wings shall save the day! Kaidou laughed to himself like a weirdo. That guy's brain is stuck in junior high.  Concluded Kusuo. Teruhashi and Yumehara exchanged looks and tried not to get caught staring at Kaidou. Kaidou was even weirder than they first thought! It was hard for them not to feel sorry for him when Screen Kaidou stalked out of the classroom to cry in the bathroom. He was the nice kind of weirdo at least. 

Kaidou Ayumi stared at her son with a calculating look. How on earth did she not notice her son being such a weirdo? No this had to be nipped in the bud before it could bloom into a real problem. Maybe seeing the past and future could help her with that. Who knows, maybe he grows out of it by having Kurumi´s son around?

They all cringed at the sight of the snake biting Nendo´s crotch and Ayumi grabbed a hold of her son as she saw the screen version use himself as a shield to protect another student. “ Sorry, mom. ” Her heart was racing and she did not let go of Shun after it was made clear that Kusuo saved her son. “Never do that again Shun, do you understand me!” She held Shun right to her chest, “Not ever!” Shun nodded his head quickly, he never wanted to be that close to a snake ever again.