Chapter 5

It was weeks after their beach trip, and the day went on as usual. Although Ame was in her room, looking quite troubled.

"Ame? Are you okay?" Calli entered her room, worried for her friend. "Y'know, you can always tell me? I'm willing to listen after all." 

The detective was wrapped around with her blanket before opening her mouth to say, "Calli, I think I'm in love..." 

"Woah, that's awesome, dude! But... Why do you look troubled about that..?" 

"I- Well... I don't really.. Erm, it's because I know she doesn't feel the same way about me.. I'm so used to being friends with her, no doubt do I want to be more than that... I-I swear, I'm not a hopeless romantic!!" 

"Uh.. It's funny, but you are acting like one." The reaper replied. "So then, mind telling me who's the lucky girl?" 

Ame immediately felt tensed. She didn't want to tell, but she basically had no one to go to instead of Calli. 

'I can't go to Kiara about this... She'll tease the shit out of me! Nor could I tell Gura she won't give me good advice!! And.. Especially Ina, I can't tell her! No way!' Ame thought. She took a deep breath. "I-It's Ina..." She said, both embarrassed and defeated. 

"Ohh." 'Of course I expected that already-' But hey! Isn't that nice? I'm sure she feels the same, Ame.. I mean the way she looks at you, and the way she tal-" 'Oh shit, I shouldn't be saying this.'

"Calli... W-Why are you giving me false hope?!" She cried, lightly punching her friend, not believing a single word that she said. 

"W-What I meant is that maybe you should take your time, and figure things out. I'm always here for you, my guy, so don't hesitate to ask me anything."

"Then, if you were in my shoes, how would you confess to Ina? Oh wait, let's make it, Kiara." She said nonchalantly. The idea made Calli suddenly blush.

"HUH?! W-What do you m-mean?!" The reaper continued to ramble, saying how insane the idea or scenario the detective made. 

"Well??" Ame eagerly looked at her, wanting to get the answer.

Calli was frustrated and flustered at the same time, but she did say that she would help her friend in any way possible in this situation. "I-I guess I would ask her to meet up at her favourite place..? Of course, I would give h-her gifts and confess at the end..? I-It's just a what-if scenario, okay?! So, d-don't get the wrong idea here, Watson.." 

"Yeah, sure... Anyways, thanks! I-I'll try and drop hints! If I can.. How do I drop my hints?!" 

"Maybe try making it obvious you have a thing for her? Like, I don't know... Be more intimate, I guess?" 

"That!! Yes. I'll try and be more intimate, watch me Calli!" Ame left the room, running to find the priestess. Calli followed, somewhat getting a bad feeling about Ame not understanding how to be intimate in a normal way.

~Timeskip~

"Ina hold my hand!" Ame said, offering her hand.

"Eh?! W-Why?" Ina was flustered from the sudden order, confused on why she should. Despite wanting to hold her crush's hand.

"Calli said, its one way on being intimate!" She replied.

"Um... I- Fine.." Ina placed her hand on the detectives hand. 

Both of them could feel their faces heat up as their heart beats faster.

Meanwhile, Calli looked at Ame, dumbfounded.