Prologue - the beginning

05/31/2023 The Swiss Alps, Switzerland, Europe

Looking back, when I first met the boys at the orphanage, I never would have imagined I would have had many close encounters with death, been possessed multiple times, or nearly killed the only seven people in the world who cared about me all by the time I reached 16. But here I am, perched on the edge of the sofa writing this whilst Ni-ki, Jake and Heeseung are engrossed in some game on the floor and arguing lightly over who is winning, Jay is making dinner, Sunghoon, Jungwon and Sunoo are each reading quietly on the sofa next to me, and I'm writing this to tell them all the things I can't say out loud because I'm too cowardly.

'Hyung! I swear I won that round!' Ni-ki exclaims, slapping his knee like an ajussi.

'It's ok Ni-ki, one day you'll be as amazing as your hyung,' Heeseung pats him on the shoulder, smirking. I chuckle quietly. Heeseung hears my laugh and looks over.

'What are you writing?' he asks.

'Huh? Oh, n-nothing,' I stutter. He gets up and walks over to have a peak, but I run away laughing and retreat into an empty room, closing the door.

'Hey!' I hear Heeseung call from outside. I laugh.

'It's a surprise!' I tell him.

'A surprise? For what?'

The answer is... I don't really know. I've just been having dark thoughts lately, since I know the end is near for me. I want to say thank you, tell them I'm grateful that they were there for me when no one else was. I guess this is a reminder of everything we've been through, I hope they will remember me for centuries to come, when they meet new friends and enemies.

I hope they won't be too sad when I'm gone, because I know that they will have to experience a lot of losses in their lifetime. That's one of the down sides to being their breed of vampire. Some half blood vampires like me live and die the same way humans do, but the boys are forced to remain and watch as loved ones come and go. And yet they're on the run, fighting death day by day to live that long life that fate impelled on them. There are only two options: die by the hands of your enemies, or live and watch your loved ones disappear. They chose the latter.

'Come on Sophie, dinner's ready. Let's eat quickly then pack up and move,' Jay calls from the makeshift kitchen. I sigh, knowing I might not have a decent bed for a few days. We need to move quickly before they pick up our scent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GUYSSS YOU CAN NOT VISIT MY OFFICIAL AUTHOR WEBSITE!!! I'M PROUD TO PRESENT TO YOU THE OFFICAL SOFIA AHMED WEBSITE! It would make my day if you checked it out, and more updates on my upcoming book will be coming soon! https://wr58.wordpress.com

(Hi guys, did you enjoy this? It's my first story so I hope you like it. This was kind of just a little intro to the plot, in this story Sophie will be telling the story of everything she's been through with the boys since she met them at the orphanage, and how they escaped from the orphanage after discovering that they are in great danger whilst on the run to complete her last journey with the boys before her time is up... which they don't know. I'd say there's a good mix of fantasy and adventure here, so warning: this story could make you laugh, and it could make you cry. Please comment down below if you liked it or to give any feedback which I am open to! Also please vote, it would mean the world)

 UPDATE: GUYS! BIG NEWS! MY NEW BOOK IS BEING RELEASED IN THE FIRST HALF OF 2024! IF YOU ENJOY MY WRITING I WOULD BE SO GRATEFUL IF YOU COULD SHOW INTEREST IN THIS BOOKS SINCE I HAVE WORKED SOO LONG AND HARD ON THIS. FOLLOW ME ON GOODREADS, WATTPAD AND TUMBLR FOR A CHANCE TO READ MY BOOK PRERELEASED FOR FREE! COVER AND TITLE DROP WILL BE RELEASED SO I THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR CONTINOUS SUPPORT. LOVE Y'ALL SO MUCH.

Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/user/show/172682528-sofia-ahmed

Author website (tumblr, account or app not needed to view): www.tumblr.com/05072010

I would be so grateful if you could check these out whether you have an account or not, and show your support by following me on any of these platforms including wattpad for exclusive deals and content for my followers (be the first to read the prereleased book for free). love y'all