Markhyuck:I'm tired of answering that question

Ship:Donghyuck
Genre:Romance
Angst:Fluff

Mark and Donghyuck had been together for almost two years, but lately things had been tense between them. There was an underlying tension that neither of them wanted to address, but it was always there, lingering just beneath the surface.

One night, as they were sitting on the couch, watching TV, Mark spoke up.

"Donghyuck, we need to talk," he said, his voice low.

Donghyuck looked at him, surprise crossing his face. "What about?"

"I don't know, exactly. But something's not right between us."

Donghyuck sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I know. I feel it too."

They sat in silence for a few moments, neither of them sure what to say next. Finally, Mark spoke up again.

"Do you still love me?"

Donghyuck's head snapped up, hurt flashing across his face. "Of course I do! Why would you even ask that?"

"I don't know, I just feel like something's off."

"I'm tired of answering that question, Mark. I love you, okay? I always have and I always will."

Mark nodded slowly, but the tension between them remained.

Days turned to weeks, and the distance between them only seemed to grow. They went through the motions of their relationship, but it wasn't the same as it used to be. There were no more spontaneous kisses or nights spent talking until dawn.

One night, as they were getting ready for bed, Mark spoke up again.

"Do you think we should take a break?" he asked, his voice small.

Donghyuck's heart clenched at the words. "What? No, I don't want to take a break. Why would you even suggest that?"

"I just feel like we need some space. Maybe we can figure out what's going on between us."

Donghyuck shook his head, tears threatening to spill over. "I don't want space. I want you. I want us."

Mark looked at him with tears in his own eyes. "I want that too, but I don't know if it's enough. If we can't figure out what's going on, maybe we should just end things."

Donghyuck couldn't believe what he was hearing. Had it really come to this? He took a deep breath, trying to steady his voice.

"I don't want to end things. But if that's what you want, then I can't stop you."

They went to sleep that night, their bodies close but their hearts a million miles apart.

The next morning, Donghyuck woke up to find Mark gone. He searched the apartment frantically, but there was no sign of him. Finally, he found a note on the kitchen table.

"I'm sorry. I need some time to think. I'll be back soon."

Donghyuck felt like his heart had been ripped out of his chest. He didn't know what to do or where to go. All he knew was that he needed Mark.

Days turned into weeks, and Donghyuck heard nothing from Mark. He called and texted, but there was no response. Finally, he couldn't take it anymore.

He got in his car and drove to Mark's parents' house. When he got there, Mark's mom answered the door.

"Donghyuck! It's so good to see you. Is everything okay?"

Donghyuck shook his head, tears streaming down his face. "I don't know, Mrs. Lee. Mark's been avoiding me and I don't know what to do."

Mrs. Lee put a hand on his shoulder. "Come in, dear. Let's talk."

They sat in the living room, sipping tea as Donghyuck poured his heart out. Mrs. Lee listened patiently, her kind eyes never leaving his face.

Finally, she spoke up. "Mark's been going through a tough time. He's been really depressed lately. I think he just needs some space to figure things out."

Donghyuck felt like he'd been punched in the gut. He had no idea that Mark was struggling like this. He felt guilty for not noticing sooner.

"I had no idea. What can I do to help?"

Mrs. Lee smiled at him. "Just be there for him. He needs to know that you love him and that you're there for him no matter what."

Donghyuck nodded, feeling a weight lift off his shoulders. He left the Lee's house feeling hopeful for the first time in weeks.

When he got home, he sent Mark a text: "I love you, no matter what. I'm here for you whenever you're ready."

The next day, Mark showed up at their apartment. He looked tired and sad, but when he saw Donghyuck, his face lit up.

They talked for hours, pouring out their hearts to each other. Mark told Donghyuck about the depression that had been weighing him down, and Donghyuck promised to be there for him, no matter what.

Gradually, their relationship began to heal. They started going on dates again and spending time together, just the two of them. They talked about everything, including the tough stuff that they had been avoiding for so long.

It wasn't an easy road, but they both knew deep down that they were meant to be together. They had weathered the storm and come out stronger on the other side.

And when people asked them if they were still together, their answer was always the same: "Of course we are. We'll always be there for each other, no matter what."