Chapter 3: Let the Games Begin

May 26

"Alright, people," the centaur zodiac sign said, eyes bright, "what should we do tomorrow? Since, you know, for today, we're all thinking to going to our rooms and either playing on our phones or exploring the basement to look for that secret room." She was looking in particular at Scorpio and Gemini, having seen them glance at each other when the secret room was mentioned during the tour.

Leo grinned mischievously as she mockingly put her hand up, acting as if she was a student in class, and Sag was the teacher.

"Yes, Leo?" Sagittarius asked, playing along.

"Prank wars. You can either have a partner or work alone. Whoever has successfully pranked the most people and has been pranked the least by the end of the day gets whatever type of candy they want, however much of it they want, but it can't be over $50, bought from the money of the losers. Or we can subtract the amount of times one person/team has been pranked from the amount of times they have successfully pranked a team/person, and that can give us our winner.  Or, you know, winners. But anyways, I think the second option is better."

"Good idea, Leo. Any others?"

No one else said anything, but there were quite a few nods at Leo's idea. 

"I mean," Cancer shrugged. "Leo's idea was good, and I guess it'll be fun, and we might get to know each other better."

"Just one thing," Aries said. "Just don't completely destroy the house, okay? That's all that I ask."

"Will do," Capricorn responded, grinning. "So ... I guess just go do whatever for a few hours, go to bed, and the prank wars-" she paused for dramatic effect "-will start tomorrow."

"Okay, okay, now who wants to check out the basement with me?" Pisces asked. 

"I'm coming," Taurus replied.

"Count me in," Gemini said.

"Me too," Scorpio added.

The four of them headed to the basement, most likely trying to find the secret room. 

"I'm going to the living room to play video games," Aries announced. "Anyone wanna come with?"

Leo shrugged. "I have nothing better to do anyways," she said, grabbing her phone and heading to the living room. She was followed by Aries.

"Hey, wait for me!" Sagittarius called, running after the two, her phone in her hand.

Capricorn looked at the zodiacs still in the dining room, then the ones who were heading towards the living room. Shrugging, she said, "I'm gonna go with them."

Aquarius started to head towards the elevator. "I'm going to my room."

"Me too." Virgo followed him, and after a few seconds of hesitation, so did Libra.

Cancer decided to explore the rest of the mansion alone. She found it easier for her to comprehend everything when there was no one else to distract her - so basically, when she was alone, and it was quiet. 

💫✨🌟✨💫

Meanwhile, in the basement...

"Aha!" Pisces said triumphantly. "I bet it's that one!" He pointed to a tile that looked no different from the ones beside it.

Taurus came up to him and after looking skeptically at the tile, then the ones beside it, turned to Pisces and said, "And why that one in particular?"

Pisces shrugged. "I don't know. Because ... it's, uh, slightly darker than the other tiles?"

Taurus facepalmed, sighing. "No, you idiot! It looks just like the other tiles!"