. light .

ONCE, i dreamt of a light. a light, in the middle of a very dark room. however, i wasn't very intrigued by the light.
__________________________________

"qis, should we go to the new tteokbokki centre?"

"huh? oh, sure."

"what's wrong? you seemed, pale?"

"ah, its nothing. dont worry 'bout it."

"if you say so."

but soon, the memories went total blurry. well, mostly, atleast. i could remember my friend's pained expression after tasting the spicy tteokbokki, but i couldn't remember anything past that.

whats this?

my eyes seemed blurry..

ah,

if only i could prevent it.

.
.
.

"REI!", a voice shouted besides me. whats happening? i can't process it.

"QIS! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! C'MON, CALL AN AMBULANCE OR SOMETHING!!-"

right. ambulance.

i quickly reached for the phone in my pocket and dialled for the ambulance.

shit.

my phone battery died.

.
.
.

"i'm sorry, but we couldn't save her.", was the last thing i heard before Hira dropped to her knees and sobbed uncontrobally.

well, i did try to comfort her, but instead, i was pushed away. words like "you wont understand!", "my best friend died!!" and "guess being with you is bad luck, huh?", pierced my ears. and maybe my heart too.

i stared, not a thought in my mind, towards Rei's corpse.

that was the last thing i saw before my mind shuts itself.

.
.
.

i blinked while re-adjusting my vision. what's this place? its so dark...

well, that turned out to not last as suddenly, a blinding light came from a direction. i stared at the light, hoping for it to go away. however, that trick didnt seemed to work.

sighing, i lied down on the floor of the room. guess this is my new place now, huh?
__________________________________

my eyes shot open. oh, it was a dream. what a... unique dream. and its quite scary too.

rubbing my eyes, i looked at the clock. "4:35", it read. I jumped off from the top bunked bed and left to take a shower