Into the Open Air

Steve was swaying, keeping the toddler asleep as she kept waking up when they would set her down. "Poor kid." He whispered, looking sad. He started to walk the room and hum softly until she finally settled in a deep sleep. The blond laid her down in the crib, tucking her under a warm blanket and securing the crib bars. She had fallen out of the toddler bed a few times and Tony had gotten anxious whenever they put her to bed.

The little girl had not been impressed with it but had settled into it once they made sure her Bucky Bear was with her. She had to have it with her at all times in the crib. Steve turned on the little nightlight that played music, seeing the way Kayla melted into the bedding even more.

The man waited a moment before leaving the room, knowing JARVIS would alert them if she needed them. He made his way to the living room and smiled at Tony who was currently being kissed by Bucky. They didn't even notice his entrance, too focused on each other.

Tony needed a chance to relax so Steve had done the bedtime routine. It had been two months since the girl had been changed to a toddler and it had been a whirlwind. It had become clear that it was most likely permanent and that they would have to re-raise her.

Tony had made a modified version of Extremis that had reverted him back to his early 30s. He hadn't wanted to be in his 70's by the time she hit 23 again. The genius felt amazing and he could breathe fully. Even after getting the reactor removed, he still had limited lung capacity but it was fixed now.

"You gonna just watch?" Tony huffed a laugh, holding a hand out to Steve. His whiskey colored eyes glinted with a soft emotion that called to Steve.

"Nah." Steve moved over and kissed Bucky first. He then kissed Tony, wanting to make sure their genius knew he was loved. "Love you."

"Baby sleeping?" Tony sounded hopeful. He wanted to relax and not worry. He knew it was his job as a parent to worry but it was stressful.

"Yes she is." Steve nodded. "Took me almost an hour to get her to sleep."

"I was gonna come check but Bucky wouldn't let me." Tony admitted. He was getting much better at letting them parent his daughter as well. All of the Avengers had taken to raising the child very well.

"Good. You need to relax." Steve kissed Tony again, cupping his cheek. "It's not just you, Pepper and Rhodey this time. You have all of us."

"She called Nat Mama the other day." Tony leaned into Steve. "And it wasn't when she was upset or tired. She doesn't do that with Pepper much."

"I think she's very attached to Natalia." Bucky hummed, stroking Tony's back. "How does that make you feel?"

"I like it. But it scares me. I'm not used to sharing her with so many people. The first time around, I kept her mostly to the three people closest to me." Tony just curled into his lovers. They were always happy to hold him. "I like that she has a Mother who wants her. Who won't just abandon her."

"Is that what happened?" No one really knew what had happened to Kayla's mother. No one knew her name or where she was or if she was even alive. Bucky wanted to look into it but he would respect Tony's privacy.

"She showed up at my house, demanded a DNA test and then left in the middle of the night after the results proved Kayla was mine." Tony had only told Rhodey, Pepper and Happy this before. They had lived through it with him. "Kayla was six months old. I had no fucking clue what to do. I was a party boy who was more focused on getting drunk than anything else. But she changed that for me."

"Thank you. For trusting us enough to tell us." Steve smiled lovingly at Tony and kissed his lips.

"If Kayla wants Nat to be her mother, then she can have her." Tony shrugged a bit. "I love you both."

"I love you too." Steve snuggled Tony, stealing him from Bucky's lap. He tucked his face into Tony's hair and breathed in the scent of Tony's shampoo.

"I love you." Bucky agreed and leaned over to kiss Tony. He tugged the Genius' legs into his lap and started massaging Tony's calves. "Always will."

The trio just relaxed, exchanging lazy kisses and touches. And if the night ended a bit more heated than before? Well, that's their business. They were all consenting adults in the relationship.