Chapter 13: The Villain

We landed back on solid ground and fortunately the hand cuffs wore off with all the time travel.

"Well at least that's over." I said.

"Yeah thank goodness. I haven't used my power like that in a while. Usually I put all my energy in the device that makes lightening bolts but I unfortunately didn't have it on me at Disneyland." Kris agreed.

I started to feel really sad thinking about our missed Disney trip. I took a look around me to get a feel of this new universe we were in.

"Holy crap. What happened here?" I asked in shock.

I thought the guardians space ship was bad but this place was way worse. It looked like earth but not like it at the same time. Reality and concept were all mixed up. The sky was filled with black ripples and the buildings seemed to be fusing together and ripping apart at the same time. Everywhere looked abandoned like an old western ghost town.

"Hands up where I can see them!" Someone yelled from behind us.

"Oh no what did our other version do now?" Kris cursed.

"Ugh! It can't be good." I answered as we slowly started to turn around.

The person in front of us was no other than mean girl Jen from our old days at the avengers academy.

"Oh thank goodness it's you two! We have been waiting for you." Jen said relieved.

"I'm sorry you are happy to see us?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah the last time we saw you we were putting your ass in jail for working with Loki." Kris said.

"Yeah the villain who almost destroyed New York for a second time." I sassed.

"Hey! Loki doesn't like it when you refer to him as a villain. His viscousness is apart of his DNA, he can't help it and he's a sweet heart most of the time." Jen defended.

"I'm sorry are we talking about the same Loki? Yes he was hot in a bad boy sort of way but definitely not a sweet heart." I said confused.

Jen was giving me a really weird look when all of the sudden we heard a loud growl coming from behind her.

"Oh my gosh what was that?" Kris asked in fright.

"That Loki. He's a little shy right now." Jen answered.

She took a step back and low and behold there was an alligator in the classic Loki horns. 

"No fricken way." I muttered in shock.

"Is that Loki? What happened to him?" Kris asked.

"He's always been an alligator. He's the best partner or side kick you could ever have. Plus he's loyal as heck." Jen answered.

"Okay we are definitely not in Kansas anymore." I said.

"Also we hate to tell you Jen but we are not the Kris and Tess you normally know. We are actually from another universe." Kris said.

"Oh I know. That's why I was so happy to see you. You better come with me somewhere safe and then I can explain everything." Jen said.

"Do you really think we should trust her? How does she know we aren't from here?" I whispered.

"I don't know, but this place is getting creepier by the minute so I say we do as she says." Kris answered.

***

"There you two go. This should be more comfy. Plus he won't get us down here." Jen said.

"You know I nice you get to know Loki, he's really not so bad. Plus the head gear is fricken adorable." Kris said while walking into an old war bunker.

Jen lead us into the bunker that looked forgotten from the outside. The inside was definitely a safe haven for Jen and Loki and whoever else was here. The lights were dimmed as we stumbled our way to a round table.

"Is it just me or is this place giving off hunger games/dystopian vibes?" Kris whispered.

"Totally. As long as there's no zombies I'm good." I replied.

"Ah Tess, Kris welcome. I have been waiting for you." A deep voice said from the far corner.

When the mysterious man walked into the light we saw that it was Steven Strange who summoned us here. This doctor strange had longer hair and wore black robes instead of red ones. He also had a third eye on his forehead that seemed to be following our every movement.

"Dr. Strange is that you?" I asked.

"Please call me Steven, and don't look so afraid. I'm not the bad guys here." He answered.

Kris and I both let out a loud breathe that we didn't know we were holding in.

"Can you tell us what's going on? And why Alligator Loki is so darn cute!" Kris said.

Alligator Loki gave her a smile while the rest of us laughed. Kris was walking with him the entire walk and she started to taking a liking to him.

"I'm afraid I do not have good news. As you know by now the two of you have been stuck in this fracture of the multiverse. Ultron has taken over and destroyed everything in our world. He has found a way to not just conquer land, but time as well that allows him to take over other universes. He has taken this universe and is heading to yours next. Once he takes control of the main timeline, there will be no stopping him until he had destroyed all the other timelines that have ever existed." Dr. Strange answered.

"Oh crap this is bad! This is really bad! How do you stop him?" I asked.

"I'm afraid it's too late for us but it's not for you two." Dr. Strange answered.

"Steven has gathered that all of your time jumping has allowed you gather weapons, tools, skills, and information that will allow you to stop Ultron with the technology advances in your universe." Jen added.

"So now that we know this, will we be able to go home?" Kris asked.

"Yah the Watcher said we could but we don't have the tools to stop the time gene." I added.

"I believe that I have the perfect spell to send you home. I am going be sending Jen and Loki with you. They will be able to help you train your team with knowledge they gained first hand on the battle field." Dr. Strange answered.

"Great! Loki can stay with Tony and I!" Kris exclaimed while scooping Loki into her arms.

Loki gave a smile and seemed to nestle into Kris' arms.

"Hey traitor! Loki was suppose to be my side kick! That's what I get for trusting a god of mischief." Jen whined to herself.

"Everyone listen up. I have found the perfect spell. It may not sound fancy but it'll do the trick." Dr. Strange said.

"Well if Alli trusts him that's good enough for me." Kris said.

"Alli?" I sassed.

"Yeah it's my new nickname for  alligator Loki. He seems to like it." Kris answered.

"Why not just call him Loki?" I asked.

"Plus I thought he didn't like nicknames." Jen pouted.

"He doesn't mind it. I got tired of saying Alligator Loki so I figured Alli or Alli Loki was cute for short. Plus then I don't get confused with Loki from back home." Kris said.

"Nice, I like it." I agreed.

Steven Strange cleared his throat before reciting.

"Alicia's expeditious and zoomy zoom zoom!" He yelled.

Kris and I gave each other a confused side eyed glance.

"Let's help our friends get back, um, soon!" Dr. Strange finished saying dramatically.

Dr. Strange hands lit up and light circled all around us. One moment we were standing on the ground and the next moment the light was spinning around and around until we were bouncing rapidly from one universe to the next. Images from all the worlds we have seen popped up in my line of vision. We would be on ground for one second before going back up towards the disarray timeline. This was unlike any of the times we had travelled before. This time felt more intense as it slowly started to bring us back to our home.