43- gone girl

Ezra Montgomery Wednesday, March 6th 2019─── ・ 。゚☆: *

Ezra Montgomery
Wednesday, March 6th 2019
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──

chapter forty-three- gone girl

             I HEAR FROM HER LESS AND LESS AND IT WORRIES ME. I had a habit of ruining things. I was only making Nora's life harder and now she was grounded when her and her mother were just starting to get along.

Nora's mom was not a fan of me. It was obvious, especially after the plan b incident. Nora's mom reminded me of my dad in some ways. It makes me scared, for Nora, for myself and for our future.

We hadn't been dating more than a couple days and I'd seen her less than i'd ever had in the passed few months. It felt weird and I didn't like it.

Chase makes his way beside me, where I contemplate calling Nora, staring out the window. It felt like nothing's changed these passed few months. The sun is just setting, and we've just had an awkward quiet dinner.

Chase is still purple and bruised and I can't lie it does put a smile on my face, for mere seconds. But then I remember there's not shit to smile about. I missed Nora and I just couldn't stop thinking about how things ended.

How could I make it up to her? I didn't know if I could, but I needed to try.

"You never did say thank you," Chase begins, in a low voice, clasping my shoulder like we're old buddies. It's hard not to react with violence, when this is really all his fault in the first place.

"Chase, if I were you...i'd really tread carefully. You still haven't recovered from the last time." I say.

"Watch your mouth." I keep my cool. My mother is in the next room packing away leftovers that she didn't cook. I hear her hum, hair escaping her ponytail, cheeks rosey pink, probably buzzed from wine.

She doesn't deserve it, i've put everyone through enough. I could at least try to control my emotions.

Chase smiles, leaning against the glass of the window. "Your girlfriend had a weird car phobia, and I was the one to get her to drive, you couldn't do that, so you should thank me."

His hand fill the pockets of his khakis as he wears his white button down two buttons too low, i've never known a bigger douche than him.

It does piss me off that it was him, why him? It should be me to help her, to be there, to listen. It's just like Chase to swoop in and ruin things.

I missed my girlfriend and I wanted to beat Chase to a bloodied pulp again. I didn't even have peace at home now, now Nora was my only sliver of joy and peace and I couldn't even have that.

"Just stay away from my girlfriend and me."

He says nothing, just shrugs like he hasn't quite decided. It would be kinda hard since he was only down the hall. But i'm pretty sure the next fight we had someone would probably die.