|12|

"I'm actually so nervous," I bring a hand up to my face, trying to calm myself down.

"It's Josh and Hayley. They'll like you," Jack chuckles and pulls my hand down away from my face.

I look at him, "I don't make friends easy."

"They're the nicest people ever," Jack grabs ahold of my hand, and I don't care to let go, "Josh is like my brother. And they have a baby, who is adorable by the way."

"I just don't want them to see me as like, I don't know, superficial," I ask, sounding more like it was a question.

"They're not like that," he laughs.

"Jack," I stop walking, "I literally flew you to LA in my dads private plane. Even I think that's a little shallow."

"They don't need to know that," he pulls my hand along.

"Just, if it gets awkward, save me," I look up at him, squinting from the sun.

He smiles and shakes his head, "You won't need saving."

I just give him a look, saying 'you better save me or I will kill you in your sleep'.

We approach the small cafe and he finds them immediately, pulling me over there. There are two people in the booth, a brunette man and a blonde woman, and a baby sitting in a high chair.

"Hey Jack," the guy says and then looks at me, "You must be Mellie. He talks about you a lot."

We scoot into the booth, and I look over at Jack, whose face is slowly turning red, "Oh really. Well it's nice to meet you..."

"I'm Josh and this is my wife Hayley," Josh motions to the woman sitting next to him.

"It's nice to meet you," Hayley says, offering me a polite smile that seemed genuine.

"You too," I smile back, "so, how old is she?"

Hayley perks up and looks to the baby girl in the chair, "She's 15 months. Her name is Rogue."

"That's a really unique name, I like it," I lean forward and offer my finger to the baby and she grabs it, smiling at me.

"Hi honey," I say in a high pitched voice, while Jack and Josh talk about something else.

Rogue sequels in excitement when I tickle her on her belly.

"She's adorable," my eyebrows raise and my face turns into a sad smile.

"Thank you," Hayley says from across the table.

"Jacks been telling us that you got a record deal, are you excited?" Josh sets his face in his hand and looks at me.

"I mean," I shrug, "I'm excited, but I'm nervous for people to hear me. Sometimes people don't like certain sounds and songs."

"Don't listen to her, she literally has the best voice, and she writes all of her songs," Jack comes to my defense.

I bite my lip and turn my attention back to baby Rogue, "Thank you."

"I bet you sound amazing," Hayley reassures me.

"Thanks," I give her a lipped smile.

Hayley and I keep talking about random stuff while Jack and Josh are laughing over something. The waiter comes over and takes our orders.

"How many kids do you want?" Hayley asks, pulling Rogue up out of the high chair and onto her lap.

I smile at the baby who's smiling at me, "Maybe 2 or 3. A boy and a girl or two boys and a girl."