Prologue

***Hi! I'm back :) I wrote this for fun, then realized it fit in with Trollhunters so... here we are. I don't know if anyone is going to read this since the fandom is pretty much dead after the disappointment that was ROTT. Anyway, let me know if I should continue!***

P.s. Jim and Gwen are not going to end up together, so don't take it the wrong way lol

"Are you a god of sorts?" Gwen questioned as he trudged through the mud in front of her. He remained silent, but held out a hand for her to take. She took it without hesitation and followed without a doubt in her mind.

"You are strange," he stated. They both stopped walking as he turned to her with an eyebrow raised. Gwen crossed her arms expectantly, wanting a clear answer.

"If this is a test to see if I'm ready for the throne, you can tell Arthur that I've passed."

"Do you have an off button?" he asked, laughing in disbelief. "You don't ever seem to stop."

"An 'off button'?" she repeated to herself. "You are the strange one. How can a button be off?"

He groaned and proceeded his walk with the princess not far behind. She looked around to see her surroundings, but turned her nose up at the scent of manure in the air. Gwen pinched her nose, keeping as close as possible to her savior, who seemed to not have a clue what was happening. She ran in front of him, placing her hands on his shoulders, staring at him dead in the eyes.

"But do tell," she pleaded. "Are you really a god?"

"No." He smiled before continuing. "I'm James of the new world."

"What is the new world?" she asked, her eyes wide with curiosity. Jim ignored the question and kept walking past her, leaving Gwen stumped. "Why won't you tell me?!" she yelled at him.

"I don't need to tell you."

"I'm going to put you on trial for witchcraft when I get back!" she threatened. He just nodded and continued, unbothered. "They're going to-" she paused. "They're going to rip your limbs off until you give them answers!"

His feet stopped moving, and he spun around on one foot, smiling as he faced her.

"Guinevere," he said simply. "Learn to take no for an answer."

"So, you aren't a god?" His smile dropped as the words left her mouth. He muttered a few curses in a language unknown to her and reached into his jacket to find something. She waited curiously and was slightly disappointed when he pulled out a green crystal adorned in gold.

"This is-"

"This is bribery," she finished.

"No?"

"You are a con man. It is official. I am stuck in the middle of an enemy kingdom with a con man." She stopped for a moment to think. "I am going to die here, aren't I?"

"No!" he shouted in frustration. Jim cleared his throat as the rock shrunk into his palm, practically turning into dust. Gwen seemed unimpressed and hopped out of the mud, strutting away from him. He followed suit quickly, shoving the crystal into his pocket.

"You say that you are not a god, but you act like one."

"How?" he asked, grinning from ear to ear.

"You can predict when we will be in peril. You can disappear whenever you'd like. You have a suit of magic armor that glows like the sun itself!"

"Well, I'm not. I'm just James Lake, and you'll know me soon enough."

Comments, follows, or votes are highly appreciated! They're what give me motivation to write :)

-Nightfall201