This Christmas Pt.2

✨Please excuse any typos or grammar mistakes✨

⚠️Mature⚠️

December 22nd 1987

Greg POV

Greg: CAROL, LETS GO!!!

Greg yelled out to his older sister while putting her bags in the trunk of the SUV.

Carol: I'm coming; don't rush me, fool; I've got to get my purse!

She said this, walking back into her house to retrieve her handbag. Greg sighed as he closed the trunk and got back into the car.

Greg: She better hurry up before we miss this damn flight, man!

Nikki: Daddy, how long are we going to be on the airplane for?

Greg: I told you, 9 hours, Nik.

Nikki: Wow, that's a long time, Daddy!

Greg: I know, and we're going to miss our flight if your aunt doesn't hurry up!

Greg blew the horn, causing Jr. to whine and Carol to come walking out of her house.

Nikki:Ooo, it's okay, Jr, don't cry here you go.

Nikki reached over and gave her brother his pacifier. Carol finally made her way to the car and sat in the back seat next to the kids.

Carol: I told you I had to get my purse Greg -

Greg: No, your behind should've been ready; I told you we were coming to get you at 5:30.

Carol: Well, I'm here now, aren't I?

Greg: That's not the point you're making us la-

Carol: Nikki, give Auntie some love, come here.

Greg scoffed while pulling out of his sister's driveway and making his way to the Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport.

Nikki: Auntie, are you excited for our family vacation?

Carol: I'm so excited, baby girl, and hopefully Daddy won't throw any more temper tantrums, so we can have a good time!

They got to the airport, checked their bags, went through security checkpoints, and now they were sitting at their gate, waiting to start boarding the plane. Greg took Nikki and Greg Jr. to get something to eat, leaving Doe and Carol alone.

Carol: Sis, what's going on?

Dorinda: Huh?

Carol: You've been quiet all morning; what's going on with you today?

Dorinda: Nothing. Your brother and I got into it last night and then this morning, so I just...you know, with my mama being sick, I just want things to be normal again.

Dorinda lowered her head, and tears began pouring down her face.

Carol: Aww, sis, don't cry; it's going to be okay.

Dorinda shook her head and continued to cry.

Carol: Come on, let's go to the bathroom.

Carol stood up and started walking towards the airport restrooms; Doe got up and followed. When they made it to thefairly empty bathroom, Doe began telling her sister-in-law what had happened between her and Greg.