Chapter 17: The End?

It was now a race against time.

Only Twilight could save the headquarters and only Anthony could save the world.

It had been two minutes since Twilight had made her way protecting the agents and her fellow Lair-Runners, but she soon began to think she couldn't protect them for much longer.

For she wasn't as powerful as the other princesses.

This is when Ian finally had a plan.

"Twi! Let me out of the shield!"

"What!? Are you crazy!?"

"Maybe!"

~

Anthony used his only other hand to try to pull the bomb off him.

But as he was doing this, he began to wonder why he was the one who got the bomb attached to him in the first place.

Why not Agent P?

Beetle knows something I don't, but what?

1 minute left.

Wait! Perry might have something to get the bomb off, or at least deactivate it!

"Perry! Give me your hat!"

"What!? Why?"

"You have to have a weapon to get the bomb off!"

"I'm absolutely sure I don't have a weapon to get that thing off."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive!"

~

Twilight had never had to leave a little opening in a shield before.

For she didn't even know if it was possible.

But she had to do it, for on a screen in front of them, showing the scene, the timer had about a good  minute left.

That minute would fly.

So, she tried, and did she try hard.

Finally, a miracle occurred.

It worked.

Ian raced through dodging the bullets aimed straight for him.

He just had to reach the office, and he had to do so in 20 seconds.

~

Beetle finally walked up to the dangling Agent P and Anthony.

"Well, this city only has 40 seconds to take their last breaths, and you two can't do anything to stop it."

"We'll find some way!" Agent P announced, though he didn't know if his statement was true.

~

Ian reached the office, unhurt luckily.

He ran to call in Rainbow, Pinkie, and Dodger, who were still in the hovercraft.

"Guys! You have twenty seconds to save the world! Rainbow, I know what Beetle wants to do, you have to catch Anthony!"

"How do you know he's going to live!?" Rainbow asked, "He could get the bomb off without falling! Also, how do you know he's going to fall."

"I just know,  okay. Just go and HURRY!"

~

Beetle quickly pushed one of Agent P's hands off the torch, making them slip a little bit, but still able to let him grasp onto the torch with one hand.

"Goodbye, Padilla!"

With this, Ian told Rainbow to go.

Beetle pushed Agent P's other hand off, but grabbed Agent P, letting Anthony fall to his death.

Ian watched the whole thing in terror, for if Rainbow didn't catch him, he would never see Anthony ever again.

"Once you have him, deactivate the bomb!"