Behind the church

After a while of talking Finney came and found Robin and pulled him off to find Carlos. Vance sighed. He wished he had cigarettes with him.. he always smoked when he was dragged to parties by his friends. He watched as a few more cars pulled in and families walked into the building. He sighed and rubbed his face, leaning against the building.

He didn't know how long these things lasted, but he didn't want to go inside.. it wasn't cold but he didn't want to stand for hours. He shook his head and sat down on the sidewalk, picking at the few weeks that poked up between the cracks.

"Hey, blondie." A somewhat familiar voice greeted, it was the intruder from earlier.
He rolled his eyes and turned back to the weeds. The boy sat next to him, looking down at his scarred hands which picked at the weeds.
"You must fight a lot." He mumbled absentmindedly.
"So what if I do? You got a problem?" Vance asked harshly.
"Yeah, I do actually." The ravenette shot back, though not quite as harsh. He looked from his hands to Vances' pale blue eyes.

The two locked gazes for a moment before tearing away. "Whatever." Vance muttered aggressively. "What do you want?" He asked, looking down to the weeds. "Nothing, you just seemed lonely." Bruce shrugged.

Vance scoffed. "I wasn't. Now I'm just irritated." He growled, hinting that he wanted to be alone. Unfortunately, thick skulled Bruce didn't pick up on that and stayed sat right next to Vance.
Vance eventually got so irritated he stood up, storming off to go punch a tree or something.

Which he did. He found a few trees behind the building to take his frustrations out on. After he was done he sat down, picking at his now bleeding knuckles. He flexed and relaxed his hand over and over again, wincing slightly.

He sighed. Now he was irritated and in pain. He looked up at the sky, it was a somehow beautiful scene. They're were old unused train tracks and a few old buildings that he assures were abandoned building from the sagging roof and broken windows.
He didn't know how long he sat there, but eventually he heard his name being called. He stood up and dusted himself off before walking back up to the church where Carlos, Finney, Robin, and Bruce were waiting.

"Hey, Where were you? What happened to your hands?" Carlos asked, sounding significantly more concerned once he saw his hands. 
"Nothing, are we leaving?" The blonde asked impatiently. "That doesn't look like nothing. I'll take a look at it once we get to the house, cmon."
They headed home. The car ride back was thick with tension. Mainly just from Vance who was pissy about having to have someone look at his knuckles.

He didn't know why, but the idea pissed him off. It was like he was trying to be a father figure or something to him, which wasn't something he needed.

~~~~~ hi. 😋 Ik I haven't posted in forever, but I'm back now and that's what matters.