1

Some quick notes:

I had the first half of this written for literally months till I was able to come back to it but I finally finished :'> I hope you enjoy. I encourage comments

Aponi uses He/they pronouns. He has a lot of feminine energy but doesn't consider themself a female.

Colors are important :>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aponi's POV

I have always dreamed of living a simpler life, perhaps in a world where no quirks existed. I dreamed of living in a world where heroes and villains didn't dance around each other, pointing fingers as if we all weren't human at the end of the day. But what I have found by observing people, is that society would find a way to create outcasts that would never fit the norm, no matter how hard they tried, even if quirks never existed.

I am 21 years old, and it is only in recent years that I have had a taste of what it is like to live a normal life. When me and Natalie first arrived in this hidden, strange city, I felt as if we were wild animals that had yet to be domesticated. But you can't blame us. That's just what happens when you spend your entire childhood running in fear, from dangers including yourself.

I flopped onto my bed after placing the last box of my items in my room. I was exhausted from moving, though it's not like Natalie and I have a ton of items. We were moving into a house that was a ridiculous size for two people, and it took a lot of effort roaming through all the stairways. I hadn't had much time to discuss with Natalie why we were moving into such a large home. With her, it was always do first, question later.

Truthfully, she has adjusted to this city far quicker than I have. From an outsider's perspective, you would have never guessed Natalie was the same girl that would wrestle grown men just to ensure we had food to eat at night. Her fierceness and intimidating sassiness were still very apparent though... maybe it did seem possible, honestly. 

It's true, I now have many things childhood me only dreamed about owning, like plushies and a comfortable bed to rest in. But a part of me still felt like I would never belong here in this comfortable life we have found, not even in a city made for outcasts like us. Because of this quirk that is bonded to me, I knew I would always be different, the events in my life leaving me hollow. Sometimes I question whether I'm much of a person anymore.

Everyone's quirk usually has a key aspect to them, and that is it. Sometimes you can train yourself and your quirk, enhancing it like a muscle. But at the end of the day, it is still the same muscle you are enhancing.

But my quirk has been evolving in ways it logically shouldn't, and somewhere out there are the answers to the mysteries of my lineage and quirk. But I may never get to find those answers.

A sudden jolt of the bed shakes me back to reality. It's always been easy for Natalie to sneak up on me when I'm lost in my head, because I'm used to her presence. My senses don't deem her a threat I should be weary of.

I turned my head to see her sepia-brown skin and sparkling ruby eyes staring right back at me. She was stunning, as usual. Nat seemed in an extra good mood these past few days, though I've felt anxious about what this new home means. Natalie never lies to me, but I know there are things she is keeping from me.

"Getting comfy already?" She poked my forehead with an amused grin.

I swatted her hand away, "Well, I'd be able to sleep a lot better if you told me what this all was about."