Chapter 55

BRIANNA
"I don't know, Brie. What should I say? Do you want to forgive him?".
"Should I?".
"Brie. It's up to you, it's your choice. I don't have to make decisions for you all the time, do this yourself for once, hmm?".
I sighed softly. "But he hurt me, Chloe. He was never there for me or my mother in the first place".
"Was that why you left his mansion back then?".
"Hm. Nope". I shook my head. "Lauren was being a bitch as usual".
"She has always been a bitch".
I laughed lightly. "Well yeah, she has. She'll always refer to me as a bastard in front of her friends, calling my mother names".
"Was it bad?". Chloe asked, whispering.
"Really bad. It went to a point that I finally had the guts to confront her but she went ahead to slap me and I had to slap her too".
"At least you slapped her. That's kind of fair enough".
I scoffed. "I wish. Lauren reported me to her Mum who insisted that I should leave the mansion with immediate effect".
"And you did?".
I shrugged. "What else was I supposed to do? My Dad didn't even defend me, he had always considered Lauren his only child anyways".
"And the hell!". Chloe clenched her fists angrily. "If I were you, they would have been in the hospital that night, trust me".
"Well I left. I got the message that nobody wanted me around and that's why I went to college".
"And met me". She added. "You know, I hated the fact you were my roommate".
"I know". I laughed again remembering. "I remember you always calling me weakling all the time".
She laughed along. "I had to. Oh God! Brie, you were too soft and forgiving that I had to get angry at your nature sometimes".
"I remember that time you scattered the whole room just to see me angry".
"Yeah, right? But instead you arranged it and that got me so pissed off. I had to tell you off".
"And that was the beginning of a lovely friendship". I continued the story.
"Hm. Nope. You and I only became friends because I helped beat you André".
Oh yeah! I had this boyfriend, André, who I thought loved me but then he dumped me in front of the college building and I got laughed at.
But Chloe didn't comfort me, she instead forced me to show her where André lived and then she sent him to a hospital for like months.
Yep, she beat him to a pulp. That's crazy Chloe Houston for you.
"You know I saved your life by beating up that rich dude. He was bad for your health".
"Yeah". I fiddled with my fingers. "But I kind of liked André very much though".
"And that's what you said about Mark, then Murray, Ben too before meeting Robert and lastly that blockhead, Nicholas' '.
"I thought they all loved me". I said to her wistfully.
"But they all cheated on you. What a sad story, Brie".
"Hm". I hummed remembering the times I cried when each boyfriend broke up with me. "But it's funny how you still know them till now".
"I'm just keeping a watch out for you. Well at least, you got Liam now. I'm pretty sure he won't cheat on you".
"He kissed Trisha". I blurted out.
Chloe arched her eyebrows. "Huh? What are you yapping about just now?".
"He kissed Trisha". I repeated quietly. "I saw them in his office, both entangled".
She stood up immediately. "That son of a bitch".
"But he apologized". I said quickly. "Liam explained things to me and I forgave him".
"That doesn't fucking matter. Wait there, hold up, was that why you went into labor all of a sudden?".
I nodded slowly. "Yeah".
"Dammit! What if you didn't survive! And to think I trusted him with your heart. He's gonna get it from me".
"Please don't kill him". I said meekly.
"Okay fine". She sat back next to me. "But just because you asked".
I breathed out in relief. "Thanks!".
"But I'm still kicking his hot ass later".
"Oh. So you admit that his ass is hot?". I asked her amusedly.
She chuckled lightly. "Oh please. Not as hot as Lucas".
"Shit! Chloe, have you slept with him?".
"Yeah". Her cheeks flushed red. "And oh, Brie, he's damn good".
"That's great, Chloe. I mean, you haven't been interested in anyone since__".
"Don't mention his name please".
"Alright. But where is Lucas? I haven't seen him since I got conscious. Where is he?!".
"Oh. He's bringing Lili over, he went to go pick up".
I giggled. "I wonder how Lili's reaction will be when she sees her younger siblings".
*
*
*
LUCAS KNIGHTS
"Mommy loves cookies". Lilian accepted it from her excitedly. "I'll give them to her".
"Take a bite out of it". I told Trisha.
She looked at me. "What?".
"Take a bite out of it first". I repeated myself coldly. "Who knows if you added anything in it?".
Trisha scoffed. "So you are saying that I intend to poison Lili? You know she'll eat out of it too, why the fuss?".
"I don't trust you". I said immediately. "You hate Brianna, I know that. So why those cookies all of a sudden?".
"But Uncle Lucas. What's wrong with the cookies?". Lili asked. "Are they bad for my Mommy?".
"Yes, Lili". I squatted to her height. "I don't think your Mommy will be able to eat out of it".
"Oh". She pouted cutely. "But if Mommy is not able to eat them then I won't eat them either".
I smiled at her. "That's a good girl. Now go wait in the car for me, baby".
"You won't stay long?".
"I won't".
"Pinky promise?". She held out her right fingers for me.
"Promise". I held it too and she beamed brightly. "See?".
"You have two minutes". She giggled and walked off outside the kitchen.
"What was that?".
I straightened up facing her. "What?".
"You just made it seem like I'm a bad person in front of my daughter. And I don't like that, Lucas".
"Aren't you a bad person! Planning evil for Brianna just because you lost your place as William's wife and Lilian's mother".
"That's not true".
"Then stop attacking Brianna because she didn't do anything wrong". I retorted.
"She took my family away from me".
I scoffed. "Really? You pushed Liam away yourself, he really loved you, Trisha. He had the heart to search around for you after you left thinking you were kidnapped".
"And he still loves me". She said firmly.
"No, Trisha, you are getting it all wrong. He is in love with Brianna, he loves her and they now have children together so it will be best if you leave them alone".
Her lips quivered. "But my daughter ... ".
"Lilian won't be taken away from you if that's what you are afraid of. Trisha, we all know she's your daughter".
"But__".
"Just because you'll sign the divorce papers doesn't mean you'll leave her life, Lili loves you, Trisha".
"I know that".
"Can't you see she's happy with Brianna being with her Daddy?". I said softly. "If you want Lilliana to be happy then you'll stop all these plans for Brianna".
"Lilian calls her Mommy so I thought she took away my place already. No one would want to feel neglected by her daughter, Lucas".
I sighed softly. "Trisha. You'll be allowed to be with Lilian whenever you want so don't you think you should just sign the paper?".
"You think so?". She said in a whisper.
"Yeah instead of trying to cut off others happiness just for your own benefits. You don't want to learn your lesson the hard way".
"Alright, Lucas. I'll think about it". She said sniffing back tears.
"You'll sign the divorce papers?".
"I'll sign them". She bursted into tears. "I'll give away my rights as Lili's mother. I won't get to see her anymore".
I was really glad to hear that Brianna will no longer have a rival but at the same time, I feel a little bit sorry for Trisha.
But if she loved Lillian this much. Then why did she leave her in the first place? Hm?
.
.
.