༎Chapter33 ༎

I wake up at around 4am, I sit up and look at JJ who is sleeping peacefully next to me. He lies on his stomach, face pressed against the pillow and drooling onto my pillow cases. A smile twitches at the edge of his mouth, he must be having a good dream. I turn my head away from him and pick up my phone then walk as quietly as I can out of my room.

I sit out on the porch steps and look at Rafes contact in my phone, he was walking home tonight from here, god he must've waited ages for me. Without a second thought I hit call.

The phone rings and rings and eventually goes to voicemail.

"Hey Rafe it's Y/n. I'm sorry I wasn't around yesterday, believe it or not I was stuck on a boat with your sister." My voice laughs into the phone bit slowly turns into a soft cry. "I'm sorry Rafe. I really am, I didn't mean to ditch you today either I- I just got caught up. I wasn't just with JJ though, all the pouges were there too. You didn't have to say that about me you know? I guess I kinda deserved it. Anyway, I gotta go, bye Rafe."

I wasn't gonna tell Rafe about the gold hunt, it just didn't feel right plus it's practically a secret.
"You good?" A voice behind me says.
"Yeah just, just thinking." I answer as JJ sits next to me on the porch steps.
"Couldn't sleep?" He asks.
"Yeah, too many things running round my head I guess."
"Well we'll have time for that soon. We got the gold now. Not long and we'll be rich." He smiles putting his arm around me. I lean onto his shoulder and practically fall asleep there.

TIME SKIP

"We can't pawn it off if there's a weed symbol on it." JJ says nodding towards the three good bars on the floor of the van in annoyance.
"Have some faith in us Maybank." I say knowing John b has some sort of plan. Hopefully. By the look on his face though he doesn't. Kie on the other hand may.

"It's gonna work." Kie says holding up a blow torch in one hand and a bar of gold in the other. We all sit around her and watch as she melts the gold down. I'm not quite sure it will though.

"Hell of job melting it down Dr Frankenstein." JJ says, rolling his eyes as he holds what once was three gold bars but is now just, I don't even know. An odd shaped block of gold??
"Like you could've done any better." Kie says back.
"Yeah I could've, I'm the one that took wielding class."
"Woah, hey. Chill out guys." John b says, interfering the 'argument' that JJ and Kie were having.
"Easy for you to say. You're not the one that has to pawn this peace of shit off." JJ sighs.
"You'll be right." Pope says, patting his back.
"How did I end up with this job anyway?"
"Well you wouldn't have to but you just have a natural talent to lie." I shrug then watch JJ walk into the shop, Kie, Sarah and John b both go inside too so it's just me and Pope outside.

"So how's that cut going?" Pope asks referring to the slight gash on my cheek from Miss Crane.
"Eh it's alright, it's not infected which is good." I nod. It did sting a fair bit at first but I cleaned it so hopefully it'll heal soon.
"Nice." He says awkwardly. I look around in boredom when something catches my eye, making me turn my head abruptly to the right.
"What? What is it?" Pope asks, noticing the distress in me.
"Shittt. Rafe." I say nodding towards Rafe who is a bit down the street from us, not looking at us but I know he will soon.
"He won't see us it's fine." Pope says, a little stressed out too.
"Hopefully not."
"What'd he do to you? Like I know he's a bad person in general but did he do anything specifically to you?"
"Ah um." I begin as I turn my head to look back at Rafe. His eyes meet mine and I find myself not able to find the sentence. He doesn't smile or wave or nod, just stares until he turns away and walks in the other direction.
"Y/n?"
"Oh uh yeah he was just Rafe I guess. He's a man, a rich white man matter a fact." I half smile. "He can do whatever he wants and get away with it because he's 'superior'."
"True, yeah that is true." Pope nods. "Well we'll be rich soon." He smiles.
"Exactly Pope, exactly." I smile back at him.

"A warehouse? Really? I don't know how I feel about this." Kie says as we all hop into John bs car. The women in the shop said they didn't have that type of cash on them and that they kept it in a warehouse which is where we are now driving to.
"I'm with Kie on this one. It does seem a bit sketchy." I agree.
"Well I want money and I don't see what can go wrong from us at least trying to find this warehouse." JJ shrugs.
"There's a lot-
"I don't wanna hear them Pope." JJ stops him before he can even finish his sentence.
"Positive thoughts only guys." John b says which makes me laugh a little. John b is not really the 'positive thoughts' kinda guy.
"It'll be there, and if not then oh well. We'll get the money no matter what." Sarah says, trying to encourage the positive thoughts we're meant to be having.

Another chapter done! Seriously I forgot how much happens in season 1.
Pls vote :)
-Soph