❁ Chapter34 ❁

"So they keep money out here?" Pope asks as we get further down the back roads.
"Well that's what she said." JJ shrugs. "Ha, that's what she sai-
"Stop." Pope says, cutting JJ off very abruptly. I smile at the blonde who makes a face back at me.
"I've never heard of Resurrection Drive." Sarah states, changing the subject.
"That's because you're rich." JJ retorts.
"You've never heard of it either." Kie points out to him.
"Thank you." Sarah says to Kie. "There's nothing but weeds back here."
"Alright but just cause there's weeds here doesn't mean it's like..." JJ trails off not being able to find the words.
"Something just doesn't feel right." Kie states just as sirens sound behind us.
"Cops? Out here?" I question, feeling even more unsure than before.
"God are you kidding me?" JJ says in annoyance.
"What did we do?" Sarah asks.
"Nothing." Pope answers.
"Why are we getting pulled over then?" JJ grumbles.

"Just chill guys, he's probably just bored." Kie says.
"I hate cops." JJ pouts.
"Who doesn't?" I agree.
"Kooks." Pope answers.
"Did you bring the gun?" John b asks JJ.
"No, okay?" JJ answers. "Everybody told me to leave it back at the place." I dunno how truthful he is being though.
"Oh god how much weed do you have?" Kie complains as he stash's it all into a bag.
All of the sudden there's a click of a gun and someone who is very much not a police officer pointing a gun at John B.
"Why don't I see them hands up?" The familiar voice of Barry says. He's wearing a bandanna around his face so that we can't tell who he is but it's not working.
We all give each other worried looks then he screams at us to put all of our hands up.
"Get outta the car right now!" John b does as he says. "What are you waiting for!? Let them out! Open the door. What are you waiting on?"
John b slowly makes his way towards the door and pulls it open. Pope steps out first then Kiara, JJ and then me.
Barry smiles at me, he laughs then says. "Oh won't this be a good story to tell him? You know I can't shoot you though because he would kill me so by all means step aside and watch."
"Shut up." I say to him.
"Oh what was that? You're little friends don't-
"Leave her alone." JJ steps in, I dunno if they could make out what Barry was saying but I hope they couldn't.
"Get on the ground." Barry says to me and JJ, looking at me clearly with a smirk.
I lye next to JJ on the ground, he can tell that I'm scared. He tries to reassure me by grabbing my hand which I take but I know that of Barry sees he'll tell Rafe.

I look over at John B who is slowly getting up, Sarah begging him not to. I love Sarah but she needs to be quiet I get it's scary but if she keeps talking he's gonna notice.
"John b. Don't be a hero man." Pope says to him as he gets up and runs towards the 'cop' car.
My attention changes when I hear a thud in the car, the gold falling onto the car floor. Shit.
John bs grabs the keys out of the car and lyes flat in the backseat and Barry gets out of our car walking back towards his.
"Now y'all don't move a bit! Unless you want your goddamn head blown open you stay just like that!" He yells at us. I don't know how he didn't notice John b missing but thank god he didn't.
He gets back in his car and seconds later we hear screaming. JJ let's go of my hand and runs towards the car where John b and Barry are fighting. John b throws Barry out of the car, JJ punches him across the face then so does Kie, then coming up behind him John B pushes him over and hits him with the gun. Pope grabs the gold as me and Kie slam the car door into his side.
Barry rests back on the car door, JJ pulls down his mask.
"I know this piece of shit! He's a basehead."
"He probably knows my brother." Sarah says.
"He sells coke to my dad." JJ says.
"Listen I coulda hurt every single one of y'all's." Barry says only to be cut short by JJ slamming his ribs with the gun.
"JJ!" We all scream.
"Come on let's get outta here." Pope says. JJ leans down and picks up Barry's wallet looking at his Drivers License and ID.
"We got one last stop." JJ says. "Let's go see where this son of bitch lives."
"I won't forget y'all! I know exactly who y'all are! You hear me!" Barry screams as John b throws his keys into the bush and we drive away.

"Why are we at Barry's?" I ask as we pull up to the crackhead house.
"It'll only take a second." JJ says hoping out of the car.
"Where are you going?" John b yells out. JJ responds with something about justice in another language.
"Somebody should probably-
"Yeah I know I know." John b says getting out of the car and following him inside. Who knows what he's gonna do.

I'm finally updating! Crazy ik!
Pls vote :)
-Soph