24

'You're not in your pyjamas. I'm kind of disappointed.' Jimin teases me, watching me walk over to him

'That's just rude.' I laugh

'Good morning.' He smiled

'Good morning.'

He wouldn't stop teasing me about my jammies most of the way to school, making me whine at him. But we both know he's just joking.

My mood went down in an instant when I saw Jungkook leaning on our classroom doors, talking to Tae. I froze a little at the thought of having to pass him by.

Without even thinking about it, I laced my hand with Jimin's, almost hugging his arm.

'What's- oh.' He noticed and squeezed my hand back

'I'm sorry.' I  shouldn't do this. I can't use him as a shield. I tried to pull my hand out of his, but he held tightly.

'Hey.' He lifted my face gently, holding my chin with his thumb and index finger. 'I'm right here. You'll be okay.'

This looks completely wrong, which is evident by the few people who were looking at us, passing by. But that's the least of my issues right now.

'Morning, guys.' Jimin greeted both of them once we came to the door

They both looked down at our hands, but with different expressions. Taehyung chuckled, and Jungkook looked at him, then at me, with a sour look on his face. I looked at the ground, avoiding looking at him.

'Morning, morning.' Taehyung grins. 'Coming to school together, huh?' He wiggles his eyebrows

'I'm afraid she'll fall flat on her face if I let go of her.' Jimin teases, earning a light swat on his arm

'Rude.' I pout

He giggled, then pinched my cheek. 'Cute.'

It's not his pinch that makes my cheeks red, I'll tell you that much. Even though I know he's only doing this because of Jungkook, it still makes me flustered.

'Let's get in there before you trip and break a leg or something.' He teased again, pulling me along while I complained

Iyera was in her seat, grinning at the two of us and practically vibrating in her spot. I know what it looks like. She will want all the details, and I have none to give.

He only let go of me when he walked to my desk, actually escorting me. 'Try to stay alive during the class.' He teases

I clicked my tongue, but I sat down, and Iyera turned to me with the speed of light. 'Talk.'

'Talk about what?' I chuckle

'What's going on with you two? Are you... together?' She leans in, taking quieter

'No, we are not together. We are just friends.'

'Huh? No, you're not.' It sounded like a fact, not a question

'I swear. Nothing is going on.' I insist

'But... you like him, don't you?' She smiles

'Not like that, no.'

'Wait, seriously?' She got a bit more serious, sitting up a bit more straight

'Yeah.'

'Are you an absolute idiot?' She looked ready to slap me

'What?'

'If you don't like him, you should stop leading him on. The way you are acting with him is not friend-like. At all. Don't you think he might take it the wrong way?' She was holding an entire speech. Meanwhile, my brain went into a scramble.

Have I really been that dumb?

'You don't hold hands with your friends. And you certainly don't feed each other and keep each other's drawings in your phone cases and such. Those are not the things you do with your friend.'

I raised my hand to stop her from talking. I think I heard a bit too much. Shit. I never meant to make it seem that way. I even tried to kiss him. Oh my God. She is absolutely right.

All the times I called Jungkook selfish, and now I've gone and done the same exact thing.

I was so blinded by Jay that I didn't even think twice about Jimin and the way it makes him feel.

I slammed my head into my hands in frustration. What now?

'Ye, are you absolutely sure that you don't feel a thing for him?' She got a bit gentler, putting her hands on mine

'I... I don't...'

'I see. You have no idea what you feel, do  you?' She sighs. 'Look, I don't wanna impose my thoughts on you, but I honestly think you do feel something, but you don't wanna admit it to yourself. I think my obligation as your best friend is to tell you the truth, and that is what I'll always do. Sometimes you gotta learn to love what- who's good for you. Maybe try and look at him a bit more seriously.'

And with that, she turned around, leaving me to bask in my regret and confusion.

I must have made him feel terrible so many times. What do I do now? How do I act?

Shit.