021

─────── 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑    𝟐𝟏 ───────

[5:00am]

Yeram was up from the crack of dawn; printing and piling up heaves of paper in a frenzy.

Her mind was going crazy from the fact that someone knew her secret and had the capability to expose her and her friends for it.

She downloaded every single image she got from the unknown person, and printed them out along with screenshots of the three messages she got from that number.

The first one being from the town party, and the other two back-to-back ones from yesterday.

Aera even sent her a picture of the orange post-it note she had stuck on her vanity mirror, which Yeram also felt the need to make a copy of.

And the phone number she recovered from Dana's diary? That was scribbled on an A4 piece of paper in big, bold letterings and stuck onto one of her free walls. Everything else was also stuck all around it, until Yeram had her very own mini investigating board in the comfort of her own room.

She stared blankly at one image, showing Yesol on the ground, her head bowed down. She was kneeling, crusted blood matted all over her body. She was severely bruised and hurt.

Yeram remembered how she stood behind Hari as she clicked the photo in place, giggling about how helpless Yesol looked. Her fingers trailed along the smooth paper, her lips set firm in a straight line as her eyes glistened.

"You want payback, huh?" Yeram mumbled. "Good luck then."

[7:12am]

If Yeram was going out of her mind, Aera was doing much worse.

This just can't be happening. Yesol was never meant to get out of there; we made sure.

How is she possibly back?! She seemed hopeless before she left- and now what? She's all cured in a couple of months? No, no that's bullshit. This must all be an act, she probably acted all good to get out and come for us.

It has to be her. It definitely is her. It's her. That stupid bitch. Stupid fucking bitch!

She's taking revenge for what I- we all did... just like that fortune teller told me.

"Destruction is inevitable."

The woman, whom she got a palm reading from, by the name of Hwa Jinsil told her those 3 words just a mere couple of months ago. Her voice kept repeating in Aera's head, like a haunting ritual.

Again and again before she heard laughing. Loud cackling.

It just wouldn't stop.

"Arghh," Aera bit down on her arm to prevent from screaming out loud. She swung her hands over the stationery on top of her desk, everything falling down.

Thank goodness she had carpeting on the floor.

Her face crumpled, hands moving away from her ears and moving to cover her sobs. "No," she cried. Aera wiped away her tears, going calm just for a second.

She's gonna ruin your life.

"Oh," she broke down again, her hands falling limp on her sides.

She cried for almost 5 minutes straight, but when she tried to stop it felt almost impossible. She got up, walking into her bathroom and reaching for the medicine cabinet. She grabbed a blue capsule, emptying the pills inside. She put back half, just 4 or 5 now in her palm.