Chapter 1

If there was one thing Adira hated above all else, it was heights. And yet there she stood, approximately 120ft above the ground, surrounded by storm troopers. "Gaamik, I need a pickup. NOW." She hissed into the com link as the stormtroopers began closing in on her. "Grrrr abgggr" Gaamik roared with an anxious tone to his voice. Adira wished she could jump and use the force to help her land, but these were different times. The empire was searching for Jedi, and if she showed her abilities in any way, she would surely be killed or worse, taken captive. She reached for her blasters, and turned to face the storm troopers. "Stop!" She yelled. "Come any closer and I'll shoot!" She counted the number of troopers in her head whilst backing up slowly towards the ledge of the building. "One, two, three, four...... eight, nine-" just as she was about to pull the trigger, she heard the rumble of a ship behind her. Her ship. The ramp lowered and Tanis Brintt stood at the top, blasting away at the clones. "Well, don't just stand there! Jump!" He screamed. Adira shot at the storm troopers in front of her, and they leapt out of the way of her blasts. She holstered her weapons and jumped onto the ship's ramp. Tanis frantically pushed the button to raise the ramp, but not before Adira got shot by one of the troopers attempting to knock her off the ramp. She called out in pain, clutching her leg as she limped the rest of the way up the ramp, her whole body falling to the ground when she finally made it to the top. She groaned and attempted to put pressure on her wound. "Adira!" Tanis ran over to her side and put his right hand over the wound while speaking into his com link "Gaamik, we need to get to Majere's as soon as possible. "Set a course for Coruscant immediately." He said anxiously. "Arrgbbb grrrrrb" Gaamik said worriedly. Tanis rolled his eyes and spoke again into the com link "It's Adira. She was shot as we were making our exit. She's losing a lot of blood. We don't have much time Gaamik, so set a course for coruscant. Now!"

Adira awoke with a gasp. She attempted to sit up and winced in pain as she attempted to move her legs off of the bed. She looked down, and saw a bandage covering the now stitched up wound. She ran her fingers over the bandage softly and the memories came back to her. They were on Lothal, getting a message from a lovely couple to pass to the rebellion. She was surrounded, on the roof of an unnaturally tall building, when Gaamik and Tanis picked her up. She was shot. As she was running up the ship's ramp. And now she was here. In a room she could only assume was located in Master Majere's residence. She knew her old master very well. He was very minimalistic, using only neutral tones and only the bare necessities in every room. This room perfectly matched that description. Beige walls, a single cup of water placed on a table beside the small bed she was currently laying on, and a single chair in the corner of the room. "Yep, definitely Master Majere's place" she thought to herself as she scooted up on the bed so her back was against the headboard. Suddenly, the door opened and Elina Starbrezze (Master Majere's wife) walked in with a small tray of food. "Oh! You're up! Guys! She's up!" She said as she smiled and set the tray down on the table near the bed. "Adira. I'm so glad your awake" Master Majere said. He grabbed a chair, placed it near the bed, and sat down. "Perhaps, if you're ready, you can tell me what happened on Lothal? Did you meet with the couple? What did they say?" He asked as he took her hand in his. "Yes, master. I met with them. They said that things are getting worse in Lothal. The empire is taking more and more control of the planet every day. You should have seen them, though, master. They were fearless. Even with the dangers they seem to face, and their lives at risk. Even their little one was fiercer than a rancor on a rampage" She said with a smile on her face. Master Majere moved his hand away from hers. He stood and paced the room a bit, occasionally glancing in her direction. "Is everything alright, Master?" Adira asked worriedly. "It's getting worse" He stated with a sad look on his face. "Adira, I know you like traveling as a merchant, but I think it's time you join the cause. Help us fight the empire." He said as he sat down in the chair again. " Master, with all due respect, I do not believe I am ready to fight. Nor is Gaamik. Or Tanis. This one job was risky enough. We barely escaped this time. What if next time they actually finish the job and kill me? Or the boys? It's too dangerous. For us, and for you and Elina" she said as she rested her hand on top of his. "You know I do not approve of you being so heavily involved in this kind of work, especially since Elina is in the spotlight as a senator of Alderaan". Master Majere leaned back in his chair and pondered for a moment. After what felt like hours of silence, he said "Look, I understand your concerns. I haven't picked up a weapon in years. I'm bound to be a little rusty. But, Adira, they need us. The galaxy needs us. We need to do this for them. For the people suffering from the empire's firm grip, and for the remaining Jedi that are being tortured by them every day. Once we stop them, neither you or Gaamik will have to worry about being captured and being interrogated. Or having experiments done on you. It'll be over. There will be peace." He said with a small smile on his face. "Besides, haven't I always taught you to never run from a fight? Especially when there are lives at stake?" He said with a smirk. "What do you say? Will you help me save the galaxy?" He said as he extended a hand towards her to help her off the bed. Adira looked away and sighed. She knew he was right. The empire would inflict pain and suffering on every planet until they had control of everything and everyone. They could help people. They could save the galaxy. "Or at least give hope to those who are ready to give up" she thought. She looked up at her old master and smiled. "Let's save the galaxy" she said as she grabbed his hand.