πατέρας

"He was strongwilled like a gemstone buried in the sand, father, even if he lost in a moment, I felt something different in that match. I can't put my finger on it, but it was a riveting moment in my life so devoid of challenge."

How will he challenge me? I pondered ravenously. My wit is nearing its end. I have to see him again, I NEED to see him again. I find myself drawn, like ichor to divinity.

"Ambrose, does this one truly make you feel such a way? Do you really feel the need to meet with him again? I won't stop you, i'm glad you've found one to give you fire within battle. But I fear about your reputation, he is απόβλητος."

"Father has an outcast ever stopped me before, stopped us before, our family. All soldiers were once outcasts, now we are warriors fighting for our lives. Reputation is irrelevant."

A smile creeping across his father's face, before turning quickly into a borderline snarling grin, a roar erupting from his chest.

"Son you damn fool I've never loved you more, a foolhardy soldier is what i'd hoped you would grow to be!" Grabbing his head and holding him close, a soft whisper escaping his maw.

"Just stay safe son, it's a dangerous world these days, I fear a war surpassing Athens is on the rise."

"I will Father, you stay safe as well. One of the best warriors of Sparta can't fall just yet." Holding his father close, a tight squeeze for only a moment that lasts a lifetime. A bond unbreakable, my father and I.

"Find yourself well father, I must run, training must never wait too long. Just like you taught me." A quick wave to his father sees him rushing out the door, a tomorrow to look forward to. A future beyond training, what could bring more cordiality, than fervent camaraderie?"