Unity

"Ambrose!" Plethicus said dashing over tp him, their once unfriendly meeting turned to a daily rivalry, camaraderie like this is seldom.

"Plethicus, you damned fool, I've been warming up for nearly an hour, what took you so long!" The sun glazing Ambrose's battle-worn body, his loose cloth gripping on his collar bones. A sweat-caked tunic accentuating the seraphic shape of his chiseled form covered from chest to toe with scarring. A long deep slash from chest to hip, so deep I'm surprised he survived. A divine constitution, Asclepius must be in his corner, watching over him, surrounded by his father's light. Before I realized it, I couldn't take my eyes off of him. This feeling, evocative of loss...? No, perhaps longing? Since when had I ever longed for anything, My purpose has always felt concrete>

"Are you alright friend?" Ambrose blurted out rather stiffly, something about Plethicus's ogling had Ambrose a little too roused, people usually don't stare with that look in their eyes. What drives him to that gaze, how winsome.

    A flash of embarrassment flies across Plethicus's face before sputtering out an answer.

"I-I'm quite alright, thank you for asking my trusted compatriot." swiftly approaching him, embracing in a brotherly hug. Arms wrapped tight around each other, the warmth between them approaching a solar temperature, this embrace holds for just a moment, but feels like it lasts a millennium. Bliss does not come easy, is there some force at work perhaps? Why do I enjoy his comfort so much, I know I must pull away but I cannot bring myself to. Is this affinity? How peculiar.

    A laugh leaves my mouth without meaning to, his dragon-like eyes darting through me yet again. I just can't get you out of my head can I? What's wrong with me, sitting here like fodder at your glare, at your mercy.

"Plethicus, we can train later if you need some time, are you sure everything is alright?"

Thinking fast, Plethicus drawing his dagger, resting it on Ambrose's nape, a shocked gasp followed by a grin like a harpy. Before a haughty guffaw flew from his stomach erupting from his jaws.

"Did you just consider I wanted your guard down?" a quick smirk from Plethicus

"You sly bastard! Keep that up and you might just be my partner for life!" His thick laughter booming like a gift from Lord Zeus. Tightening his grip on Plethicus and spinning him around before letting his feet touch the ground

    After a minorly dizzying spin, I find my footing. His thick arms manhandled me, like Cerberus with a soul attempting to escape. Just like a plaything, but I yearn for it to happen again. Go on Ambrose, let me match you again to see your excitement.

"It's about time that I got one up on you! You damned beast!"

"It's about time you did indeed! Let's see you do that again I dare you fool!" More rancorous laughing booming from his jaws, before he leans into a grapplers' stance. Lunging forward like Ursa Major descending from the stars. Using my small frame and dashing back, narrowly escape his embrace, jumping high to gain ground over him. My dagger apace, flying down towards his back, a hasty strike sure to secure my win.

His body contorting, flipping around at a lightning speed. Before his heavy haunches bending and propelling him off the ground, heaving him into my stomach forcing me to lose my composure. A root-like grip, pulling me tight and forcing me to the floor with a suplex. My body rocketed like a meteor to the crust of the earth. The wind shooting out of my lungs, like one of those Atlantean cannons. His vice grip on my waist, unwavering. His molten breath on my back, a cacophony of roaring from victory and satisfaction. Lungs still gasping for air, I cough heavily trying to regain my standing. Despite the pain, I almost wish this could go on.