Sylvia's POV

May 1963

I woke up this morning next to Nils. He had stayed the night. Although he lives across the street I didn't want him to go. It was Thursday morning and we were going to get ready for school so we could meet up with Delilah, Sonny, Calogero and Jane at the stoop. We were getting dressed when Nils tossed me his shirt. 

"So, are we actually going to class today?" He asked. 

"I'm already failing so yeah." I replied. 

"Alright I'm just checking." He said as he pulled his pants up. 

I smiled as he got dressed. He was so cute. I was glad when he asked me out. I was having feelings for him almost immediately when I saw him walk into our classroom. He transferred from art class to my geography class. We always sat in the back just to smoke. No one told us no just because they knew who we were. 

"I'm ready to go." He said tying his shoe. 

"I'm ready to go too. Let's go before they don't think we're coming." I replied. 

He smiled as he grabbed my hand. We walked down my hall and grabbed our lunches. Ma was used to making our lunches together now since he was always over here. I bet his Ma didn't mind. She seemed like a sweet lady. 

"Bye Mom, bye Dad." I said before leaving. 

"Bye honey see ya after school." Mom said. 

We were walking down the street when we heard a rumble in the sky. It was going to rain sometime today I just didn't know when. I hoped it was after Lorenzo picked us up. 

"Hi Sylvia how was your night?" Delilah asked as we got to the stoop. 

"Probably better than yours since Nils was sleeping over." I replied. 

"Well, I got to eat dinner at least." She said with a chuckle. 

"That's good. I had dinner and dessert twice." I winked. 

"Oh you lucky bastard." Sonny said to Nils. 

"Um yeah." Nils replied. 

We stood there for a few minutes before Lorenzo drove by. He opened his door and let us on. We never had to pay. It was the price of getting us to school that was all that mattered to Lorenzo since we skipped a lot, and by we I meant myself. 

"You kids actually going to stay all day in class?" Lorenzo asked. 

"That's not promised but we'll try." I said to him. 

"Alright, as long as you try." He said as he pulled aside. 

We said our goodbyes and headed inside. He made sure we got in this time instead of leaving before hand. Usually that's when we'd skip. 

"Okay guys I'm going to my locker with Nils. I'll meet you in class." I said to them. 

"Alright see ya there." Deli said. 

Once Nils and I got to my locker I pulled him in for a kiss. All I could think about was how hot he looked in his outfit. He kissed me back. It was so hot. He was so hot. 

"Okay babe, we gotta go." He said pulling away. 

"But, I wanna stay here and kiss you." I replied. 

"Maybe lunch time we can kiss." He said with a snicker. 

"Oh alright." I said as we held hands. 

We got into class and sat in the back just before the bell rang. Sonny and Deli were kissing. So I decided to kiss my boyfriend too.