Cake pt.1

DISCLAIMER: if you are reading this, that means I have edited the chapter before this one so it won't make as much sense, so you can either read it and be confused or pretend this chapter and the ones after it don't exist until I am done editing- ANDREAAAA

I'm thinking back and last weekend I was complaining about the weekend going by slow but I think I rather complain about that than the week days going by slow. Once again it's finally Friday.

I was scrolling through Pinterest and found this recipe for a chocolate cake with raspberry buttercream frosting and I knew I immediately had to try it.

Getting the ingredients out I noticed that we didn't have any raspberries or gelatin so I had to run upstairs and ask Josh if I can borrow his car.

Taking the steps two at a time (almost tripping over the top step) I continue running towards Josh's room. When I open it, it's empty. They're probably on Alex's room.

I didn't want to invade on Alex's privacy so I knocked on the door. After a few moments of the door not opening I opened it. The room was empty. Instead of leaving like any normal person would and looking somewhere I else, I decided to look around Alex's room.

It was pretty plain. The walls were a light gray, his bed sheets were black, there was a tv, a dresser, and a nightstand. Nothing to interesting. I walked on the opposite side of his bed and saw a small bookshelf. My fingers brushed the spines of each book delicately.

"What are you doing" I hadn't noticed a figure in the doorway. I looked above his bed to see Alex standing there, he had a pair of blue swim trunks on, his hair was wet once again and I watched the water droplets fall down his abs.

Ew what are you thinking I snapped myself out of it "I was looking for Josh"

"I don't think he's under my bed, Lottie"

My face turns red, "sorry" I quickly get up and brush past him in the doorway. Walking out I can see Josh standing up the stairs.

"Hey Josh, can you do me a favor?" I asked getting ready to beg because he would never let me drive his precious sheep.

"What up?" He asks nodding his head. "Can I borrow your Jeep?" He looked like he was about to protest, "please Josh, I need to get stuff from the store, I'll never ask of anything again" he doesn't seem convinced. I had my hands together begging him to let me.

There's only one person on this house that I would get on my knees for- ew what the fuck was I thinking...

"No" he said walked into his room, shut the door. I look over at Alex with a helpless expression on my face.

He stares at me a moment longer and goes all the way into his room. I feel defeated, walking downstairs I put the ingredients away with a sigh. I was so sad I'd didn't notice Alex was standing right behind me with the keys in his hand.

"Don't tell Josh, but could you get me an energy drink" he asks, he still had his shirt off so it was hard to say no. I stared into his blue green eyes and nodded.

"Thank you so much Alex, how could I repay you?" I was so grateful, he was going to get into serious trouble if Josh ever find out.

"I could think of another thing, but just the drink would be fine" he says with a smirk on his face. My eyes went wide at what he said. He started to chuckle at my reaction.

I grabbed the keys and ran out the door before Josh would notice.

____________________________

Slamming the car door shut, I grab the grocery bags and head inside. I am immediately met with an angry Josh. He takes a step towards me and I look around the room frantically for Alex. I'm screwed.

"What the heck Lottie I told you no" he said clenching his fists.

"But-" he took a step towards me and I flinched back.

"Lottie, bring me my beer. Would ya?" My dad yelled from the living room. I quickly go to the fridge and grab one of his tall bottles of beer. "Here you go dad" he gives me a infuriated look, "I told you to open the fucking bottle" no he didn't "I'm sorry dad" I apologize and rush to the kitchen to get the bottle opener. Balancing the bottle in my hand, I grab the metal opener and try my best to pull off the cap.

No use, I'm not strong enough, my 10 year old body couldn't pull the cap off. The bottle slipped out of my hands, the glass shattered and sprayed the kitchen, soaking into a white cloth hanging from the oven. "What is going on in here" my dad storms in angrily.

He looks at the glass and back to my teary face, walking towards me, he has his hand up and swings forward.

Josh gives me a puzzled expression. "I'm sorry" I say, tears running down my face. I furiously wipe them off only to have more spill out. Alex walks in, takes one look at the situation and runs to my side.

"I gave her the keys Josh, it's not her fault she doesn't have a car" he says blocking me from Josh.

Josh's face turns red as he storms out of the kitchen, and up the stairs. "I'm sorry Alex" I say quietly. "Hey, hey Lottie it's okay, it's not your fault" he wipes the tears from my face. I shake my head at him. I breath in a shaky breath and dig through the bag for his drink.

"I got you your drink" with shaky hands I give it to him. "What are you making?" Alex notices the few ingredients I had in the bag.

"A cake" I give him a smile.

"Can I help?"

____________________________

Don't worry guys, Josh isn't a bad guys he's just mad 😡

Don't forget to vote❤️

Word count- 985