New guy

Word count: 1148 words
Trigger warnings: none

Draco's POV
As professor Flitwick continued to teach his boring charm class I heard the door open. I glanced behind me and saw as a guy I've never seen before sneaked inside and sat down in the back. Who was he? I wondered to myself until I heard the professor begin to speak again.

"You're late mr Woodwalker. But I'll let it pass just today since you're new." He informed the guy. "Who is that guy?" I asked Blaise. "I think that's the new student. He'll be sorted into a house at dinner." Blaise told me. "Hm. What house do you think he belongs in?" I questioned. "He was late so I wouldn't think he's a stuck up Ravenclaw. Maybe a Griffindor." He guessed. "Ugh not another one." I complained. "Yeah I agree." Blaise chuckled. "But we'll find out later today." He continued. "Mmh." I agreed and began to stare into space.

"Mr Malfoy, pay attention!" Professor Flitwick warned me. I woke up from my daydreams and pretended to listen to him continue on with his lecture. "Now. Today we will be learning the spell immobulus which causes it's target to freeze in place, unable to move." He introduced us to the new charm. "This might actually peak my interest." I told Blaise. "Yeah this'll come in handy in many situations." He chuckled and I agreed.

After class
As the class ended me and Blaise stood up to exit the classroom. "Now don't forget. Tomorrow we will be starting our group projects. Tonight I will make the groups so you'll know them tomorrow. Class dismissed." Professor Flitwick told us and we began to leave the classroom. "I hope I don't get sorted into the same group as Potter. What a nightmare." I complained to Blaise. "I understand that. I don't think you could ever get along with a Griffindor let alone Potter." Blaise chuckled. I agree with his comment and we walk towards our next class, potions.

As we arrived we chose to sit in the back, we liked to observe people. We watched as others infiltrated the classroom and chose their seats. It was the first day at Hogwarts so they'd only be able to make a seating plan for tomorrow. In the corner of my eye I noticed a familiar boy sit two seats in front of us.

(The new guy's name is Zeth btw)

My eyes stay on him for a while before I finally snap out of it when professor Snape started the lesson

My eyes stay on him for a while before I finally snap out of it when professor Snape started the lesson. "Now. Since it's the first day of school I haven't planned a lot. I just need you guys to write a paper about the newest potion recipe you've learned until tomorrow. I have an errand I need to attend to but I will be right back. In the meantime, work on your project." He informed us before leaving the classroom. It was only quiet for a short while before the room was filled with chatter.

"We're not gonna do that assignment right now, right?" Blaise questioned. "Yeah no I don't feel like it." I smirk. "Good." He replied. "Sooo. Did you do anything exciting this summer?" He asked. "Not really. I did partly enjoy hanging out with you and Pansy though." I admit. "I'm glad you did." Blaise smiled. As he was about to open his mouth to speak, Snape entered the classroom once again. We quickly shifted our postures and pretended to already be doing the assignment.

He glanced around the classroom from time to time to have an eye on everyone as we did the assignment. But time passed by quickly and soon the end of the lesson had come. He dismissed us and we walked out of the classroom and began to head to the dining hall. As we walked through the halls we met up with Pansy and walked the rest of the way to the dining hall in our trio.

The dining hall doors opened and we sat down at the slytherin table. We watched as others sat down at their respective tables and everyone was soon ready for the sorting hat ceremony. Dumbledore stood infront of everyone and held the sorting hat in his hands. "Zeth Woodwalker. You're our newest transfer student here and it's time for you to be sorted in your designated house. Please come up here." He said with kind eyes looking at the new guy who stood in the back infront of the dining hall doors.

He began to walk up to Dumbledore and sat down on the chair. "I wonder what house he'll get sorted into." Blaise whispered. "With a name like Zeth? It would be a joke if he didn't get into slytherin." I heard Pansy laugh. I chuckled at her comment and continued to watch as the sorting hat thought about its decision. "Hmm.. You're very sly but would also stick up for your friends in every scenario..." The sorting hat thought for a while before finally making a decision. "Griffindor!" It yelled and everyone looked in surprise.

Someone named Zeth in Griffindor? That's like the total opposite. I could hear some people chuckle and others whispering as Zeth, the new guy walked down and sat down at the Griffindor table. "Now that everyone has been sorted into their houses, we will begin our feast!" Dumbledore announced and food began to appear on everyone's tables. We quickly dug in and ate until we were full and satisfied.

As everyone had eaten up, Dumbledore wished us all a goodnight and students began to exit the dining halls. We walked as a trio into the slytherin dungeon and entered our common room. We said goodnight to eachother before entering our bedrooms (yes they have their own bedrooms in this AU). I changed into more comfortable clothes and layed down in my bed. But I just stared up at the ceiling. I for some reason couldn't fall asleep. "There was just something about that new guy Zeth. Even though he was a Griffindor, he was intriguing in some way. Wait.. what am I Thinking?! I shouldn't even be thinking about those selfish Griffindors." I brushed off my weird feelings and closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep. After for what felt like forever I finally felt my body become heavier and I soon fell asleep.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////
That's the first chapter! Omg I haven't written fanfiction since like 2021. It's already been 3 years since covid started. I can't believe how old I am already. Anyways. I'll try to update with another chapter soon but if you have read any of my other many fanfictions then you know you shouldn't keep your hopes up. I quickly lose my interest and never come back again. Hopefully I'll be able to write many chapters before that happens though. See you guys in the next chapter, bye!